Purina Nature's Essentials Amplify vs. Rice bran

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by LateBloomer, Apr 20, 2007.

1. LateBloomer

LateBloomer Senior Member

I currently feed 2 of my horses Purina Born to Win and TC rice bran for extra fat (plus the other postives of rice bran). I went to a Purina work shop recently and they have a product called Amplify which has rice bran, flax and other nutrients. Has anyone fed this before? Is it worth switching? Will it mess up my nutrition balance (it is fortified) I am currently feeding the BTW, 1 mg selenium w/1000 iu vit E, source, probios and cosequinMSM. I have added the links for both products.

I also have not asked about the price. I currently pay @ $20/50# for the rice bran.

Triple Crown Nutrition - Rice Bran

Nature’s Essentials® Amplify® Supplement

2. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

Is the rice bran a 40 lb bag or a 50 lb? Their website says 40 lb. I contacted a dealer earlier today and they quoted me $19 for a 50 lb bag. Which is a lot bette than I get now assuming it's 50, not 40.

The Amplify is higher in both protein and fat, which is nice. I hadn't realized that before.

I wish Purina had an ingredient list on the website. I would want to see that before making a judgement between the two. Unless it's fairly high in rice bran and low in oils, I wouldn't go with it over rice bran. Considering it's higher in fat though, I'd say it has quite a bit of oil added. Not sure how they've bumped up the protein levels though, that's interesting.

3. LateBloomer

Pretty sure it's 50 #.

4. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

And it's Triple Crown? I thought it was odd that the feed store said 50 lb but their website specifically states 40 lb. Guess I'll just have to go look and see what it is.

I'm currently paying $25+ for 50 lbs and have to drive quite a ways to get it.

5. LateBloomer

Anybody else?

6. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

Well I went today and it wasn't Triple Crown and it was a 40 lb bag, lol. I'd be interested to see what yours is.

7. wpisawesome

wpisawesome Senior Member+

I have just started using Amplify for my horse and am anxious to see how it works.

8. LateBloomer

Well, by golly, it is a 40# bag! They also had Natural Glo which was a 50# bag, but I didn't check the price. The TC is a ground rice bran, the Natural Glo is a pellet-like thing.