PSSM1 and 2

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Arem, May 23, 2018.

1. palimino57

palimino57 Senior Member

Coupons valid til 31 May!
    CANINE SAVINGS:
    1.*Canine Color Panel reg. $130.00 with coupon $95.00.
    2. 25% off all *Canine Disease Panels
    Please choose a "Canine Disease Panel" for your breed.
    Not for individual/single disease tests. Example: this discount does not apply to a single EIC test, only to the Labrador panel.
    EQUINE SAVINGS:
    1. Select any Equine Genetic Disease panel costing $95.00 or more and get both color & pattern panels for free.
    2. This offer may be applied for $50.00 to a previously submitted sample of which one or more panels were run.
    3. New price for Warmblood Fragile Foal Syndrome (WFFS) $40.00.
    4. New Warmblood panel (WFFS, PSSM1, Red/Black factor, Agouti) $75.00

Copy of coupon or coupon code (spring2018) must be enclosed with samples. All samples must be submitted (postmarked) by 5-31-2018. No other discounts apply including 10% volume discount. Discount cannot be applied to any samples received without coupon or coupon code.

*Individual Canine or Equine diseases are not considered a panel.

Offer Expires 5/31/2018
    Coupon Code: Spring2018

endurgirl, ginster, LoveTrail and 2 others like this.
  2. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Thanks! Well I’m glad I followed my gut and didn’t just listen to all the people trying to convince me it was all attitude! I KNEW it had to be pain related. Chiropractor came out and it turns out that Ace’s left shoulder was slightly dropped, he had pain responses all down his back the worst spot being where a rider sits, and his sacrum wasn’t aligned. Fixed all that and his whole demeanor changed. I swear if he could have forced the chiropractor to stay permanently he would have! Rode him lightly today. He started off bracey and defensive but slowly started to relax. We shall see how he does tomorrow. He’s still being scoped for ulcers.

3. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

The pain can cause ulcers too so glad you are still looking at scoping.

Serenity06 likes this.
  4. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Well, I can’t use that awesome coupon :(
    I double checked with the APHA and her colour testing has to be through either Etalon or UC Davis for them to consider it.

I’m leaning towards going ahead and doing the full panel through Etalon so I have the PSSM test and the pattern test (and a whole bunch of other stuff) done all at once.

5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

They need to partner up with AG. They're adorable and FAST!! What a shame.

Arem likes this.
  6. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Yeah, AQHA only accepts UC Davis.

7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Come to find out Brandi has *not* been getting her supplement for a while. $&@&$Sjfnakfnfbfnan%#$&@!!!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, not getting her MSM has something to do with why I’m having issues with her again?:mad:

Still planning on testing. Just to be sure there isn’t anything else. But good God almighty. I’ve got a 17 year old horse who tends to be sore. GIVE HER HER **** SUPPLEMENT!

8. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Eh, I don't know that MSM would make that much difference.

At her age and with the activities you do (barrels) I'd wonder if it is time to consider things like joint injections or Adequan.

9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I’ve considered that.
    I do think the MSM does make at least a little difference, though. Historically. Though it’s certainly possible that she needs more than that now that she’s getting older.

BM apologizes humbily (what a nice change from the old place) and is going to make sure she gets her supplement. We’re going to give her the loading dose for a week to build it back up in her system. We’ll see if it makes any difference.

And far as joint injections, though, I don’t think the normal hock injections will do the trick. I’m not really sure what we’d inject. And can only imagine the number of X-rays needed to isolate what should be injected.

IM injections or Prevacox is what I’m going to look into next. Especially if the PSSM test is negative.

10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

@DelP uses IM injections for her STB and has great success. I'm sure she'd love to share her thoughts!

Arem likes this.