Proper Attire in Arabian Hunter Under Saddle

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by HappyHoof, Feb 9, 2011.

1. HappyHoof

HappyHoof Senior Member+

I would like to know exactly what attire is proper and permitted in regional/national type shows. Thanks. :)

2. windblown

windblown Senior Member+

Basically, the coats have to fit really well (most riders at National level have custom coats or have theirs tailored). They have to be darker than the breeches. You see navy, brown (all shades), blue, green, grey, even some deep purple and burgundy. Breeches are shades of beige or grey. For shirts, pretty much anything goes, from the monochrome look to a huge contrast. It's common to see a broach or pin on the jacket collar, and number magnets are mostly used.

Here are some of my outfits. I'll show a few different shirts I've worn under the same coat so you can get an idea of the differences. I have a TON of show shirts, and I don't have good pictures of all of them in use, haha.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i153/kentuckymusic/WalMark/arabinc7.jpg (click)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. HappyHoof

HappyHoof Senior Member+

Would I use the same attire for sport horse, or use dressage attire?

4. Fadjurneeka

Fadjurneeka Senior Member+

Great thread. I was wondering the very same. Then again I won't be doing a show of that level anytime soon, ha. Just sticking to Class A shows for now.

5. windblown

windblown Senior Member+

If you show the horse as a hunter, you'd wear hunter attire & tack.

If you show him in dressage tack, you wear dressage attire. Pretty simple :)