Pregnant and being a slob...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arabbarrelracer, Oct 16, 2017.

1. arabbarrelracer

arabbarrelracer Full Member

okay so I hope I don't offend anyone but I'm pregnant and I have noticed other pregnant women that let themselves go during pregnancy even before they're huge!
    I just don't understand it. I lived on a farm so being stylish wasn't on my agenda but I showered regularly and kept up with normal hygiene. Now I live in town and board my horses, here lately I've visited them once a week or once every two weeks. While living in town I've paid more attention to my attire and I dress the way I've always wanted to. I'm not perfect but I do my hair, nails and have good hygiene. Makeup and nails are something I do, not saying every Prego woman needs to, it's just what I choose to do. I just don't get why once a lot of women are pregnant they let their hair get greasy, wear stained I'll fitted tees and don't even match....

2. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

Maybe some women really feel like s--- during pregnancy?

3. arabbarrelracer

Haha maybe I guess that could be it. I know I haven't felt good ☹️

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I highly doubt they changed from their normal routine just because they're pregnant.

E90Style, Kappa, Friesiangirl and 2 others like this.
  5. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Maybe because there are more important things to them then looking prim and proper. Not everyone has an easy pregnancy, and plenty of women feel horrible.

You can't judge someone because their hair is greasy, horomones can change everything. I shower daily but by the next morning my hair looks greasy, doesn't make me a slob.As for wearing illfitting clothes who the hell are you to judge? I am 31 weeks along, i wear baggy clothes because I don't want people staring and they are comfortable. Good for you for feeling good, but don't start judging other women when you don't know how their pregnancy is.

walktrot, foxtrot, Kappa and 13 others like this.
  6. arabbarrelracer

Oh okay. I guess that could be too.
    I wasn't sure if maybe they feel so bad that they don't care or something.
    I don't want to be that way and so far I've managed not to be but there have been days where I felt so sick I didn't care but I knew I would later so I forced myself to continue to take care of myself.

7. arabbarrelracer

Well ouch! I think you read it wrong, I'm not judging anyone but at the same time I don't want to see her fat stomach hanging out of a tee shirt because that's just gross. And when you walk past t them and they smell like body odor, you know they haven't showered.
    I didn't say they had to be prom and proper either, but if you don't take care of yourself how are you going to take care of a baby that is dependent on you?

Congrats to you though. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy and makes good memories for you. My first trimester was horrible for me. It's very exciting knowing you're bringing a life into the world!

8. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

You can still shower every day and smell like BO, I am int he army, they force you to shower and use good hygeine but guess what, some people still have it. Hormones arent always kind to people. You don't like how someone dresses look away, if she feels good in how she is dressing, power to her. My point is you do not know **** about the person, don't assume things.

9. AllyMae

AllyMae Senior Member

I haven't announced anything yet but I'm 5 weeks along and I've noticed I'm hungry all. the. time. I guess I should be thankful that I'm overly hungry instead of nauseous lol. I'm one that's extremely into hair, makeup, nails, shopping, keeping up with the latest trends, etc...and I've honestly been so tired and emotional that I haven't felt the need to do my makeup or hair or go shopping. Of course, I keep up with my hygiene. I can't imagine there's anything that would ever lead me to think "eh, I don't need to shower today" lol! I will say that most of the stronger emotions I feel are negative so I can see why some women may feel too down in the dumps or grumpy to be proactive about their beauty and hygiene. I put makeup on and still don't "feel pretty." Despite staying active (running, boxing, riding) I still do feel gross for wanting to eat so much.

Yes, I'm young (18). Simply taking responsibility for my actions. SO and I both are.

Binca and sunset878 like this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well good for you, just idly wondering if this is your first?

If you are struggling with a rough pregnancy you may not feel like doing anything more than existing.

If you have other kids, then the energy needed to look after everyone can often leave you nothing for yourself.

I totally get why some pregnant women are not taking great care of themselves.

What the heck does your last sentence mean anyway? Don't even match what? Judge not lest you be judged

Strike2, E90Style, slc and 10 others like this.