POA Congress

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by tlwidener, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Purty picture, belated congrats. Looks like a good buy if you're selling.

2. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Selling because Emma is so tall too?

3. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

She's not very tall lol. She's 5'5 maybe?

Selling because there's not a lot of opportunity for 19 and over close to us. The better POA shows seem to be in the Midwest. Congress is fun but there's not very big numbers in the adult classes. She could do NSBA, but I'm not sure they'd do well because of Willow's size. Emma really doesn't look too big on her, but they get buried easily in rail classes. Some judges don't a little horse.

Thinking a double registered horse would give more show opportunities and the paint and NSBA is more affordable than QH.

Also, Emma enjoyed the work she did with Willow and wants a 2 year old to do all the work on. I think she may want to be a horse trainer?!?!

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

How come?

eta: Forget it, read your answers...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Yeah, I didn't see any POAs at NSBA World. Very few paints though. Most of the color were palominos and buckskins including I found out ones that weren't buckskin but because a parent was they were registered buckskin.

Willow and Emma's build makes her seem so much taller. I'm also 5'5" and when I was her age people thought I was taller too because I had a similar build then.

tlwidener likes this.
  6. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Congratulations to you and yours.

Lovely picture!

tlwidener likes this.
  7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

I think you are making a great decision....both with moving out of POA and into APHA and NSBA. I love NSBA and plan on doing more next year.

8. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I love the POAs. Super nice minds and SOUND.

But in Colorado the shows are hardly worth going to. There's a good one in Fort Worth and a couple in eastern Oklahoma, but the really good ones are in Indiana and Iowa. Open shows are hit or miss. Some judges just don't like small horses against the modern 16 hand QH/APHA all around horses.

9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

They have a buckskin registry.. now if that don't beat all. I never think much about colour registries, never cared much for buckskins I guess. They're all right, just not a big fan. Interesting..

10. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

I showed IBHA (buckskin) for a few years....when it was competitive in my area. It died out a few years back in New England.