1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Peyton's Foaling Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by GraysAcres, Mar 27, 2012.

1. JBandRio

JBandRio Senior Member+

I've seen a few Walkers with big ol' honkin' heads :) I agree, she looks very Walker-like. But, while I don't think she's 1/2 draft, it wouldn't surprise me to find out one parent was 1/2 Clyde :)

Beautiful markings!

Good luck with foaling! I suspect the foal will be nicely marked as well :) Will you be keeping it?

1 person likes this.
  2. Capilet

Capilet Senior Member

I'm with you, she just screams TWH to me, as do the markings. I LOVE the loud marked TWH (and any TWH to be honest)

Can't wait to see the little one. :)

3. GraysAcres

GraysAcres Senior Member+

I'm thinking about keeping the foal.. I guess it depends. If I ever did get rid of him/her it'd be under contract or maybe just a lease situation.

Pics from yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at that face :)
    [​IMG]

Color folks... does this copper colored leg mean she isn't a bay?
    [​IMG]

4. DeeMagicMan

DeeMagicMan Senior Member+

She should either be a "wild bay" or I'm even wondering if she is a silver-bay with all that frosting in her mane and tail??

5. GraysAcres

I was thinking silver bay too.. because in person the leg has a greyish tint to it.

6. GraysAcres

Anybody else see a difference in her utter size from the last pics? I think it's changed but would like some more opinions.

7. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Senior Member+

I think her udder is starting to fill, definitely more full than before. I really think this gal will surprise you once she finishes getting in better condition and sheds out. Also her facial expression has changed a lot from the first photos. She originally had a sad, depressed look on her face but now she's almost smiley and much happier. Very, very pretty girl. Can't wait to see the little flash baby. Thank you for saving her, I'm sure she'll re-pay you many times over.

8. GraysAcres

She's already starting to look so much better : ) When she first got here she wouldn't let anyone touch her. Went straight to the back of her stall and stuck her head in a corner. I figured out she loves those cheap cream filled cookies and since then she comes right to the stall door. I'm really surprised with her. I thought she'd be the one that would be nervous and spooky but she's really laid back and takes everything in stride. The gelding that came with her on the other hand... is a bit of a spazz but such a quick learner. Still can't believe these two were days away from a kill truck. :no:

2 people like this.
  9. GraysAcres

No changes today : )

10. GraysAcres