Parzival and abuse? Rollkur, fractured jaw?

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by BluemoonOKy, Aug 12, 2016.

1. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I don't know but I've gotten the impression this is just speculation? I can't get some of the things to download. It seems everything and everyone is suspected of things no matter their reputation. I hope this isn't some confusion as there was one I think pulled but I thought it was a lower leg fracture. I don't like the fact that a person can be completely smeared by speculation alone.

D_BaldStockings likes this.
  3. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Hmmm interesting. Looking at some of those pictures... wow. That horse's nose is touching his chest. How awful.

4. Alsosusieq2

I haven't followed this person and I don't know if the horse behind the vertical is the one mentioned - it's a montage. I hate jumping on a bandwagon or to conclusions.

5. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

From the article:
    :( Poor guy. Reading on COTH that line about the fractured jaw may have been about one of the French horses? I have no idea just regurgitating.

6. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

First let me say the horse we're talking about is in the pictures and clearly we should not condone riding like that. Second, if horse has a bug bite on forehead why would somebody x-ray? The horse also has spur marks all over his sides. So I don't feel like protecting the rider in this case. The scrutiny is completely Justified

firegurl979, Arem, meljean and 2 others like this.
  7. D_BaldStockings

D_BaldStockings Senior Member

"Always ridden in rollkur"? Can we say exaggeration, jumping to conclusion, I'm not going on with the illogic presented.

Perhaps the author should look up symptoms of reactions to insect toxin? Brazil has Brown recluse, Black widow, Brazilian wandering spiders (most poisonous in the world...), wasps, scorpions...

I am sure if there was a hairline fracture of the jaw the vet would have noted that and the discussion by A. Cornelisson would have reflected that.

This is defamation of character by sly implication "I'm a lawyer and have seen child abuse... always profess that they love their victim" Guess what? So do folks say who actually DO love and care for their child.
    Good to know someone has a working crystal ball regarding this poor horse and therefore feels the right to point fingers straight at the owner as an abuser.

I don't like rollkur and feel it is possible to damage a horse in the cervical spine as shown by a study or two.
    That has nothing to do with a so-called broken jaw or facial swelling.

I do find her decision to try to ride off-putting, but she retired when she realized it was more than just cosmetically unsightly and the horse was still not right.

8. D_BaldStockings

D_BaldStockings Senior Member

9. Alsosusieq2

I don't see spur marks, anything and I believe if anything was seen it would have merited a disqualification. I don't trust this source - I don't like the way it was presented at all. This isn't the right way to approach this if there's any merit. It feels wrong and hard to believe an attorney would do this in this manner. Something isn't right about this.

10. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Anyone notice this part?
    I wonder if it's true or faked in a bad article.
    Screenshot_2016-08-12-21-31-56.png

Found the spur pic.
    Screenshot_2016-08-12-21-35-35.png