Parseghian - At Stud - Deputy Minister and Secretariat

Discussion in 'Stallions' started by Parseghian, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Parseghian

Parseghian Registered

Hello all! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! We are a small time breeding operation that just got into the game recently with the purchase of this beautiful boy! We weren't planning on getting into stallions but when life pulls you into a direction you jump! We are working with a great breeding facility and he will be beginning his dressage career this year. He has already had his first rides off the track and is proving to be a star citizen and a true gentleman. We couldn't say more nice things about this lovely boy!

Parseghian is a beautiful Gray Thoroughbred Stallion who is standing for the first time this year!

He comes from a decent racing career, making almost 200K after 70+ races. He retires completely sound! He stands at an appropriate 16.2 and is very substantial with good bone. He got a 97 speed index on the track and has an outstanding pedigree! On the sire side, he goes to Deputy Minister is who a great sire for event type horses! On the dam side, he's the grandson of a Secretariat daughter and also goes back to Caro, a horse from ireland who has a large line-up of successful offspring on and off the track as well as his own successes racing in france! He also has Ninjisky, Northern Dancer and Mr.Prospector.

Parseghian is one of the most gentle stallions we have ever had the pleasure to handle and he is a joy to have around the barn. He offers 3 outstanding gaits, with plenty of reach in the trot and a lofty, open canter. We are offering him as a sport stallion to create hunters, jumpers, eventers and dressage horses. He will begin his dressage career this year and we are very excited to see how far this boy will go! Due to his budding career, he will only be standing to a select few mares this year. We are offering fresh cooled as well as live cover to thoroughbred mares.

Special consideration and rates may apply to show mares. Multiple mare discount available as well.

We are working on getting him updated for registries such as AQHA, APHA and we are working on some warmblood registries. We also feel he would cross well on Arabian mares. We also have hair sent off to see what colors he would produce.

We are also open to discussing barrel racing prospects due to his speed index. We have even had some interest from racing homes!

Attached Files:

2. palogal

palogal Senior Member

Welcome! Just FYI - there are a bunch of anti- breeding folks on this board.

250girl likes this.
  3. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

Depending on good conformation, movements and jumping ability you could try to get him approved for warmblood registries like Trakahner, Hannover, Holstein etc, he probably fulfils the racing requirements for those.

Inquire if there is a way for him. But make up your mind what he is suitable for and what you want to market him for. He is most certainly not a good sire for both, western and warmblood. To me he looks more like a match to warmblood riding horse.

aeternal and ginster like this.
  4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Not sure anyone would be anti this beautiful boy! What a stunner! I'd love to drool over some videos!

5. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Beautiful horse. How do you pronounce his name?

6. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Named after the famous Fighting Irish coach, Ara Parseghian?

7. Parseghian

Parseghian Registered

That's okay! We understand that not everyone will be a fan! I appreciate the warning!

I think that is our plan! Picking a registry and tackling it head on next year. The barrel racing/racing homes were just what we were advised on. We are being pretty selective about what he breeds to, a tiny little cutting horse obviously would not suit him!

Thank you so much! We are going to hopefully get some liberty video and free jumping video next week! He's an absolute dream to ride, I have a previously broken back and I find him very comfortable to ride!!

Thank you!! Par- see- gee- in

8. Parseghian

Parseghian Registered

I believe that was the thought! I did not name him personally but we have liked it enough not to shorten it. That is the only other place I've seen the name when I've looked it up.

9. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

If he is of sufficient quality to be approved for, let's say Trakehner or Hannover, I'd try to get him registred for the other big European registries, too.
    If he is seriously good at jumping, TBs with well above average jumping potential are sought after in these registries.

I suggest you get him started as a riding horse for better evaluation of his sport horse talents.

GotaDunQH and ginster like this.
  10. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Amen.
    He certainly looks to be a good match for warmblood mares.

@Parseghian - do you have any videos of him moving at walk, trot, canter? Free jumping? He is gorgeous and I would love to see more of him.