Parelli carrot stick?

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Maishley, Sep 26, 2008.

1. aannec

aannec Registered

I think Parelli himself shows a lot of horse savvy. I watched him with horses and was sincerely impressed. However, he is also a salesman, and what I object to is him SELLING and people buying his training "aides" and misusing them after attending a 1-day seminar or watching a video. Carrot sticks and whips are not for beating the horses and this is the only type of use which I have witnessed under the guise of "PNH", with the exception of Pat Parelli on one Saturday afternoon. Horse savvy cannot be learned from one horse after one day. Parelli has to be accountable for the misuse because he is encouraging and perpetuating this idea that ANYONE can and should learn his method, just buy this here carrot stick and my books and videos...

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Uhhh, nine year old thread here.

Been discussed ad nauseum.

3. slc

slc Senior Member

My feeling is different from yours. I don't like the marketing, but also, I've never seen anyone as clumsy and awkward and off timing with a horse as Pat Parelli. He just keeps doing the same things over and over, no matter what the horse does. It's bizarre.

secuono and Rainbowaholic like this.
  4. aannec

aannec Registered

Like I said, I've only seen him once at a clinic. And to manesntails, if I wasn't seeing this "PNH" used again and again daily at my stable recently, I probably wouldn't have commented. What I see is just abuse under the guise of PNH.

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

If you feel so strongly about it always better to start a new thread than bump a lengthy older one....but as @manesntails said we have been carrot sticked and 7 gamed to death....I think the the Parelli bubble has somewhat burst.