Over two dozen horses found dead in MD

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by rhinebeck, Mar 17, 2018.

1. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Oh, how awful.

3. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Just saw this on fb. The authorities really ****ed this one up.

Claiming they didn't see or smell any corpses is complete BS. Those horses have not been rotting for a day they have been rotting for weeks.

nikki1990 likes this.
  4. Arem

Arem Senior Member

That many horses dead on such a small property had to have stunk to high heaven.

5. Idrivetrotter

Idrivetrotter Senior Member

I believe it is a misprint as her property is closer to 100 acres with much of it wooded, was the reason why it went undetected for so long, the horses hid in the back. I've heard a lot of conflicting reports, as the horses were regularly getting out and escaping, and that the horses were thin/neglected, the Sheriff denies all but the calls for loose horses so the weight of the horses at the various escape attempts is the big question. Irregardless, this is a huge mess and another one that could have been prevented ages ago if she had just reached out for some help before letting the horses starve.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Wow. That's horrible..

7. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Two tracts. 107.98 acres total. What a tragedy!

8. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

This hurts my heart. So sad

Arem likes this.
  9. AprilFools

AprilFools Registered

After watching the news clip. The huge red flag for me went up when the authorities had been called out to this premise multiple times. Broken fencing, horses roaming the area dusturbing neighbors etc. Someone should have gotten a clue to poke around on the property alot further just to make sure everything else was good, secure....they could have said anything to try to get the owner to alow them to have a thorough inspection of the entire property.

10. Mule.girl

Mule.girl Senior Member

I read the article and watched the video and like a dummy I read a few comments(I know better then to do that). These idiots on FB were saying things like" Well you shouldn't criticize her horses die of a natural causes and ailments like dogs do" and things like"So what horses die no big deal do not be so hard on her maybe she was broke financially". I quickly closed the comments section and shook my head. I could not believe the amount of dead horses and really old dead horses like the bleached bones everywhere.

AprilFools likes this.