Our Congress Photo

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by LoveTrail, Oct 31, 2016.

1. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Just got back from Columbus yesterday and received my photo today I had taken of Foxy and me.

[​IMG]

2. Icyred

Icyred Full Member

You are both STUNNING!

LoveTrail likes this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Who girlfriend that is Stunning. Congratulations on this-!! :)

LoveTrail likes this.
  4. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

That is a super nice picture! How did the show go? :)

5. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

Fantastic picture! Thanks for sharing......and of course we need all the details about how the show was.

6. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

Man I didn't know you'd gone to Congress. I watched a lot of classes on the online video until the Appy worlds started, lol.

And I am completely in love with your show shirt. Gorgeous!

7. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Well, my best class, Select NA HMS, was unfortunately our first class. Showing up the day before to show didn't work well. So was more nervous than usual and he ended up spooking in our pattern at the crowd in the stands. Then I rode in one of my trainer's work saddle, a Harris, and found out that there was a western saddle out there that made me pain free in my hips, another reason for the reaction in the pen from me, stiff in pain and he feels it. So traded in my Blue Ribbon and got a Harris. Rest of the show we were good and no nervousness on either of our parts. Just not quite good enough to place. My pattern in Select HMS would have most likely placed me in the novice class even though the Select pattern was more complicated. My trainer even commented it was the best pattern she had ever seen me do. Typically we have issues with the topline because he is reacting to my pain in my hips. Had many friends place in the class so I have an idea I could have placed at least as a finalist.

So since I didn't point out this year in HMS, I hope to go again to Congress next year to try again and show up at least one more day earlier. Also had three great SMS lessons, my first ones in five years, last time was with OhSoAppy's trainer, so hope to improve in that class during the 2017 show season. And we did scratch our Select NA WP class after the spook in HMS figuring we weren't ready for that class. But, now with the new saddle I hope to improve in that class, I can sit easily back in the saddle now, just now need to make it natural. And of course now can ask more of him in HMS without worrying about his topline and being able to relax him and me. Trail we had one bobble that cost us a lot of points. He lost a bit of focus, never been in the arena before the class, and knocked a raised pole down.

My daughter got 11th in her Am HMS class so came home with a jacket. I was going to buy one, this was the 50th year, where it doesn't say you placed, but wasn't going to pay $300 for one after buying a new saddle. :)

8. horsefanrsb

horsefanrsb Senior Member

Beautiful picture and I'm glad you got a saddle that helps you ride without pain! Definitely a worthy purchase! Sorry to hear that a few small errors kept you out of the rankings, but you can't improve if you don't make mistakes to fix! Good luck working in the new saddle and going back next year!

kodemiester and LoveTrail like this.
  9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Carp...I didn't know you went!! I would have watched your go's!!! Nice pic too.

LoveTrail likes this.
  10. OhSoAppy

OhSoAppy Senior Member

Beautiful shot Lisa!

LoveTrail likes this.