OTTB People, I Need Assistance

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Zephyer1995, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Anna Giuda

Anna Giuda Full Member

Truly is a shame though. That poor thing. It is difficult to accept that, while we can make sure our horses are treated well, we can't help every wonderful soul like her. People like that don't belong in any field in the industry, but it's awful because we can't always be sure of who the horses go to

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

JFC. There's a special place in hell for people that allow/do this to a horse. Ohh..man. :flaming: :cry:

Huckleberry777 and Nu5ha like this.
  3. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

God, my heart just broke into pieces. What an incredibly sad life for the poor girl. I bet she was glorious in good condition, she still looked proud. :heartbeat::cry:

I'm so thankful you guys gave her love before she passed. At least she had that moment of peace.

I hope you find out who she was and are able to tell her story to the world. :bawling:

Nu5ha and ginster like this.
  4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

So sad that she couldnĀ“t be saved....look at that kind face...
    Good luck at finding who she was.

5. Huckleberry777

Huckleberry777 Full Member

I saw her on Facebook yesterday. What a sin. :cry: I don't have any advice for finding out who she is but I hope that you do. She was a beauty even in her rough state.

ginster likes this.
  6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

ginster likes this.
  7. Zephyer1995

Zephyer1995 Senior Member

The lady who picked her up thinks she's a dead ringer but CKO is dam of the other mare they thought could be her

8. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Have you checked with the Standardbred registries as well? Something about her head screams Standie to me.

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Poor thing.

No animal deserves such neglect. The older I get, the harder I think about each animal I take into my home. I love them all like children. It's kills me when they get sick or hurt and I can't make them better.

Having lost cats and dogs and sold my horses, my heart is sore and bruised. At first I was second guessing buying a horse. I get so attached to them and life had been less than easy. But the moment I had the lead rope in my hand I knew Charm was mine. I just can't imagine hurting her in any way.

Even told hubby the price of hay for a year. $500 and his answer was, "Wow, that's cheap! We spend more on dog treats."

He's finally getting it, lol!

10. Zephyer1995

Zephyer1995 Senior Member

The thing I love most about this rescue group is that they won't prolong a horse's suffering in order to "save" it for the sake of the general public. They didn't get much time today to work on indentifying the mare from yesterday. They had another grey OTTB that had been experiencing fairly severe lameness that was causing swelling up into his withers. It wasn't good news and he'll be laid to rest tomorrow. He had been positively identified as Louisiana Gumbo. They took him in when he was discovered starved with a penile tumor. Super sweet dude! I drove him home from R&R after his surgery. New people, new trailer, recent serious surgery. Not a toe out of line.