Opinions? The best brand of clippers?

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by Rising_Phoenix515, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Rising_Phoenix515

Rising_Phoenix515 Full Member

Hello everyone!
    Spring is approaching and I will be body clipping all of my critters in early April. My old clippers are done for but they only lasted one clipping season before falling apart. They were a small pair of the Wahl brand. I am looking for some opinions on a nice brand of clippers that will hold up for multiple spring clippings, will do a nice clean job and won't break the bank! I will be clipping 4 miniatures under 30" and 2/3 horses.

Best brand? Go!

2. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

For body clipping, Double K 401 with a wide blade.

The motor is separate from the cutting handpiece so they don't get nearly as hot and are very quiet/easy on the wrists. Will have to buy used on ebay if you want to save $$, they're not cheap.

Otherwise, if you only have a few to do and don't need real shears, the Andis AGC2 with the T84 blade is the go-to for a lot of people.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Rising_Phoenix515 likes this.
  3. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

I also have the Double K groomers edge clippers, It cut the clip time in half in comparrison to my Oster A5's. They also cut smoother and dont get hot.

4. Preppy_Ponies

Preppy_Ponies Senior Member

This is literally the exact same thing I was going to respond. Other than I opt for the T10 blades over the T84, just so it's easier to make everything match when I need to switch to a regular width blade for more intricate areas.

Double K's are the best out there but are pricey. If you take your time you can find good used ones.

5. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Over the long run, I think the Double K’s are less expensive not only does the clipper motor last longer the blades last longer.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Definitely worth keeping an eye out on Ebay..

7. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

I have these (goo.gl/8SrNVV). They work well for me.

8. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

I have an old set of body clippers that I bought new in the 1980's, yeah I'm old. Big old Sunbeams, cost a fortune back been, still powerful and going strong, had the blades sharpened 3 times. New ones probably don't measure up. I have a smaller set of Osters I purchased about 10 years ago, you prolly could body clip with them, I haven't as I have the big ones, but I do like the clip on/off blades, great for a quick switch from 15's to 40's, a feature I love.