Opinions on English Synthetic Saddles

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by TrickPony, Dec 29, 2004.

1. TrickPony

TrickPony Senior Member+

I was looking into buying a close contact synthetic english saddle. Anybody have any comments about them? Are they comfortable? Do they hold up well? Are they worth the money?
    Thanks for the info!
    -Alex

2. Moostang

Moostang Senior Member+

I have an all purpose Wintec (2000 w/cair) and I love it, it is so comfy and I love the point that it is adjustable.
    These new wintecs look like they will hold up great. I remember when they first came out I said I would never get one because they looked like if you snagged them on something the saddle would be ruined, but now they look like a really soft leather to me.

3. Lopin' Leopard

Lopin' Leopard Full Member

My mom has a wintec dressage. She loves it! She rides a Peruvian Paso so mud goes everywhere and being synthetic it's easy to clean. Just watch out when you go to sit on it in cold weather, lol. We've found it doesn't absorb the horses heat like leather ones do. It's help up great, I would have gotten one but I enjoy cleaning leather. :)

I'd say well worth the money too because later on down the road if you get another horse you can get another gullet for it if it doesn't fit the horse!

4. EqUeStRiAn

EqUeStRiAn Senior Member+

I think they are very comfy, durable and well worth your money. The only reason i would prbably steer away from them would be if i wanted to show, in which case they arent allowed around here.

5. i_luv_moth

i_luv_moth Senior Member+

i don't have close contact but i have the new wintec wide(not with cair tho:(lol).

But i rode in close contact(wanted an eventing saddle)and they are very comfy especially the Wintecs.

6. Parelli Arabian

Parelli Arabian Full Member

My friend has a close contact wintec saddle and I rode in it a week ago. I loved it! It's so comfy and I jumped in it too. If I was to buy another saddle I would definately buy one of them because they are easy to fit on any horses as well.

7. yertle

yertle Senior Member+

I love Wintecs :D I've just ordered an Isabell Dressage saddle (flocked not cair) and I have two all purpose wintec saddles and except for the odd scuff mark you can't tell that they are around 10 years old :)

8. KatesFox

KatesFox Senior Member

I have a wintec close contact...It is very comfy...the only bad thing, other than no shows with it. is that in the winter it is VERY hard the tighten the girth

9. Simon Says

Simon Says Senior Member+

i own a wintec saddle, and i love it!!!! east to keep and to me comfortable!!! although i am in the market for a new A/P saddle!!!

10. AutumnAttic

AutumnAttic Senior Member+

i think there easier to ride in because there grippy. I also have had a lot better finding synthetic saddles that fit my mare, then leather ones.. I got in trouble for having one in a schooling show though