1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

One more time -

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by UncleJohn, Apr 20, 2017.

1. UncleJohn

UncleJohn Senior Member

I've done this a few times now, get a involved with the forums here and then something happens in life and I disappear for a while - or a year - or more.....

Anyway, here's a quick update. The company I worked for decided after 25 years that San Diego was too far from the home office so they shut down the facility and transferred all the work to Scotland. Everybody was laid off which meant it was time for a new job. I'm no spring chicken which means it was a bit of a worry and I'm senior enough to not be cheap. Anyway, I'm a technical sort during the week (ranch hand on weekends) so it turns out that being an old feller with experience isn't such a bad thing these days and I found a new job. It's a great little startup with good funding - and I got to bring along one of my colleagues from the last job to help out.

My wife and I live on 10 acres just north and east of San Diego. We share our world with another retired gentleman who helps out on the property in return for an old motor home to live in. We have 4 horses of our own and board another horse for a friend. There are also 8 goats, 2 potbellied pigs, 2 llamas, 4 geese and a coop full of chickens. Then there's the dogs (4) and cats (4) - birds 2 doves, 4 parakeets, and 3 finches and then that tank full of fish - I can't count them. Needless to say, much of our lives are involved with caring for animals - which is fine with me.

So I'm a techie during the week and I clean stalls on the weekends. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    I don't know if I'm here for a long while, or just here until something happens to take up my time, but for now, howdy and let's share stories of life.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of me and my boy hanging out in the yard.

Texas and Me.jpg

Alsosusieq2, Mirage and manesntails like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Stick around more. You never know, one day Admin might let us have our Clubs back. We had the "Old horsewomen and MuckMuck club. We can easily rename it to Old Horsewomen, Muck Muck and Unclejohn Club.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Congratulations for being resilient and tough Uncle John. That'd rock anyone's world. Thanks for the update and glad to hear things are moving onward and upward-!! Your world sounds pretty darn good to me. ;)