OMG! I just bought a new HOUSE!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by luvs2ride79, Aug 28, 2008.

1. luvs2ride79

luvs2ride79 Senior Member+

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.... I just got home from closing and signing all the papers on our NEW HOUSE! It's officially ours!! This is my FIRST house! I have lots of pictues on my other computer. I'll post them later tonight.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Here's a run down on the house. It's a foreclosure, though thankfully not in too bad of repair. We will need to do a LOT of painting and wallpaper stripping in the house (which I already started). The fences need minor repair, and we're adding electro-braid so the horses don't do any more damage to them. They're really pretty wood with angled pieces between rails. There's a seasonal stream that the last owned filled in, so we'll need to dig that out (to avoid swampy conditions when it rains). We're also building a shelder for them. So, it will probably be 30 days before the horses move in.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The house is over 2,300 sqft with a BIG 2-car attached garage. There's 3 bedrooms and 4 baths (don't ask, lol), a nice big kitching & eating area, separate formal dining and living rooms, and a great big den. There's also a separate kitchenette (one end of the house can be a "MIL" quarters). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]There's a fenced back yard for the dogs, a screened in porch on the back (with two ceiling fas and hooks to have swings!), a nice porch on the front, and a nice front yard area that I can keep "pretty" [​IMG].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The horse pasture isn't huge, but it's perfect for 2-3 horses. It's about 0.7 acres. There are a few nice trees out there too, along with great grass.[/FONT]

The house is in a GREAT location! We're right at the foot of a beautiful small mountain, Pinnacle Mountain. A state park is right next door, the edge of it is at the end of our road! The houses around us are all nice and have great values. We have access to LOTS of trails.
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Hehehehehe, I'm giddy right now. [​IMG] Pictures toninght![/FONT]

2. haunani

haunani Senior Member+

HUGE Congrats! I remember how it felt when we bought our first house and it wasn't as nice as yours. I can only imagine how you much be feeling right now!

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  3. CowGirlUp1833

CowGirlUp1833 Senior Member+

CONGRATS! Thats a huge deal! I'm so excited for you!!!

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  4. MelissaH

MelissaH Senior Member+

Wow, sounds wonderful. Congrats! may you have many years of joy in it!

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  5. gallopingaround

gallopingaround Senior Member

congrats, I can not wait for pictures! I am so happy for you, the horses will love it, haha. All i can say is good luck. can not wait to see pictures.

6. fxtrottingpony

fxtrottingpony Senior Member+

Congrats!!

I hear Pinnacle Mtn. is beautiful! I'm in NE Arkansas.

Dana

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  7. TravelingGirl

TravelingGirl Senior Member+

Congratulations!!!

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  8. lovemyshy

lovemyshy Senior Member+

CONGRATS!!!!:D It truly sounds like a dream home, and can't wait for pics!!!

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  9. Shotgun93

Shotgun93 Senior Member+

You can always tell when it's a horse person, the first thing they describe is the horse part of the property - then the house!

One thing I would suggest, being that your property boarders public land, is to invest in some signage to alert people to your private property. We boarder forest service land and a lot of people take advantage of our yard and use it as their own personal access to enter the forest service.

luvs2ride79 likes this.
  10. Smooth IE

Smooth IE Senior Member

WOW. The place sounds SUPER nice. Congrats! That's so great. I can't imagine how happy you must be. We'll be wanting pics for sure!

luvs2ride79 likes this.