Oh no! Oh no, oh no, oh no!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bellalou, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I am just about sick over this. :(

The building my office is in has bathrooms on every floor. They are kept locked so everyone in the office has a key and I also have a key to the office door.

I keep those two keys separate from my car keys because I'm currently using my husband's vehicle and need the keys on days he takes it. So I put them on my key ring.

The key ring I've used for 22 years. The one my son gave me when he was about 8 and collected key rings. It's brass and has a little clip for the key ring and another clip to put on a belt loop or chain or whatever.

Today I must have left it in the bathroom. Because women's dress clothes don't have pockets :mad: or even belt loops on the pair of slacks I wore today. I put my keys down on the flat top of the toilet paper holder and must have left them there. When I went to grab them off my desk when I was leaving they were gone. I raced back to the bathroom with the master key but they were gone. :barefoot:

I don't care about the keys. Even the office key. Someone can come in and steal every file and get me fired for all I care. But I care so, so much about the key ring. :cry:

Our paralegal said it has happened before and generally whoever finds them brings them to the building manager who emails everyone in the building to find out whose they are. So hopefully that happens. Because it's going to be very, very hard if I've lost that little key ring.

So jingles please. I know it sounds silly but it's just so important to me. Every time I look at it, I see my little boy's sweet, sincere face when he gave it to me. :bawling:

2. 250girl

250girl Senior Member

Sentimental value can't have a price put on it.
    For years I wore a fairly large , silver, Saint Christopher. It was my mothers that she got from my grandfather as a child ... he passed before I was born.
    That piece never left my body, always wore it.
    One day I got home from work and it was gone. I think it wore through the ring that hung it from the chain....
    I work at a sawmill, full of addicts and theives. Never saw it again, whoever found it took it.
    Still sick about it to this day.

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Awww, hope that it finds its way back to you...understand how these things mean a lot

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Oh no...keeping my fingers crossed that they keys and the key ring resurfaces quickly.
    If you find them, you should probably get a lanyard to put on it so you can wear them around your neck.
    Women´s clothes with their lack of pockets s*ck...

5. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

I somehow misplaced my great-grandmother's cameo ring. I've never lost a piece of jewelry before and of course it had to be that. It reminded me so much of her. I lost it years ago and haven't, and will never, tell my mother. It tears me up inside.

I hope you find it, Bella!

6. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Have you tried saying the Saint Anthony prayer? Hope you find it.

ginster likes this.
  7. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Hoping your key ring makes its way back to you! It's most difficult losing things of sentimental value.

8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Jingles. Hope you get it back.

9. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Sometimes those little sentimental gifts mean the world to us, even if it seems silly to others. I hope you find it or that someone found it and took it to the building manager.

10. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Someone turned it in!!! Omg I am so relieved! The building manager got in late so I was sweating bullets until about noon.

But all is well thank dog! Time to get a lanyard.

Thanks for the jingles- I'm sure it helped. :)

DelP, equinitis, tlwidener and 17 others like this.