Nutrena Life Design Senior?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by txgray, Nov 22, 2010.

1. txgray

txgray Senior Member+

Anyone know the ingredients for this stuff?

2. High Tide

High Tide Senior Member

did yoou check nutrenas website?

3. txgray

txgray Senior Member+

yes, no luck ;)

4. High Tide

High Tide Senior Member

Id call your feed store and ask them I couldnt find it anywhere either

5. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

It will vary depending on what mill it's coming from. In addition, they also just changed it (not sure if the 'new' version is out in stores yet).

Here is an ingredient list from what's available locally to me. Specific ingredients might be different where you are.

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/purina-nutrena-senior-ingredients-352857.html

Personally I'd go out of my way to stay away from feeds with peanut hulls in them. But then again, what you have might not have peanut hulls. It's not a great quality feed, but it's not the worst in the world either.

6. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member+

Yeah. My app is fine on it... but I want to put her on Triple Crown... if I can ever get my hands on any... grrrrr

7. txgray

txgray Senior Member+

Thanks Dawn.

My issue is that my horse is moving to a new barn in January and they feed Safe Choice, which I hate. Horse hasn't done well in the past on starchier feeds like that. Trainer said he'd be happy to get her something else as long as it's in the same general price range. Right now she's on ADM SeniorGLO which she's done really really well on, but it's $19 vs the $12 of SC. ;) I'm open to other suggestions in the lower price range that are at least kind of similar to SeniorGLO, but they have to be one of the "easier to get" brands. I hate Purina even more than Nutrena, but I'm not sure what else there might be in that price range that I'm not thinking of.

8. Broken A Ranch

Broken A Ranch Senior Member+

I personally LOVE the LD Senior... its doing wonderful things for my hard keeper

9. Dawn

Dawn Senior Member+

Have you talked about covering any price difference out of pocket? Is she only concerned with cost per bag? Or actual cost of feeding?

10. txgray

txgray Senior Member+

at $700 a month already (before supps and shoes and shows) I'm about done paying any more out of my own pocket. ;) My board price is an "all inclusive" package type of thing, so it's much easier to substitute a feed of similar value rather than try to break down the cost of everything. Plus I'd really rather it be something that can be delivered with his regular feed order as opposed to something I have to go get myself.