NNER

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by CoffeeBean, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

More of the same.

It's been six days.

Still.

NORTHEASTERN NEVADA EQUINE RESCUE, INC. NV20121152403
    Domestic Non-Profit Corporation

Another Pinckney!!!

3 people like this.
  2. coloredcowhorse

coloredcowhorse Senior Member

Hauling? I thought DT was doing the hauling on this "rescue". Paying herself?

Boarding at prison? So where are they? She has 160 acres. Or were they at the prison in Carson City or Lovelock (Carson has/had horse facilities there as they did prisoner training program....Lovelock I don't think has horse facilities)? Or are they at a prison somewhere else? Why paying for boarding if they are currently being boarded?

2 people like this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Stockyard is what she calls Prison. :rofl:

4. meljean

meljean Senior Member

Just makes no sense.

5. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

That is what I was think as well.

6. dumbjockey

dumbjockey Senior Member

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If one thinks about it. I would say she has several people that routinely donate. A few that are emotionally involved with such matters and can always be depended upon to donate a certain amount. So when she needs more money, she has to "rescue" more horses.

7. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

No individual pictures of the new group and it has been almost 2 weeks. They did however post about how one of the long yearlings hurt her leg. No name was said and I couldn't find any that matched her description as being available for adoption. They only posted 1 that I beleive would actually be 2 now and that one had 4 white socks where as the one injured didn't have that. So where did this yearling come from??? How come there has been no adoption notices? Or is it one that is still being "rehabilitated"?

I still don't understand how a rescue that supposedly has over 40 horses can't list more than 4 or 5 available for adoption? Ok, so even if the rest they plan on keeping and letting them retire there, why not post some sort of update on their conditions and saying something like "Apple will have a forever home here at NNER and will not be available for adoption and then state why, ei lame, special care, whatever. I just don't get it.:confused:

8. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

My explanation is that it's not a rescue, it's a scam.

Either be an honest horse trader, or stop being a scam/sham charity or rescue.

Do you suppose she is the filly that was procured in March (?) with her black dam? Wasn't she a chestnut? I can't locate the photo right now - perhaps it's in one of the other threads.

Nu5ha, Teekin, Charliemyheart and 3 others like this.
  9. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Honest horse trader?!? Does that even exist???

It could be that filly, but I thought that one was younger, not almost 2.

chy3792 likes this.
  10. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

No new photos, no individual photos/individuals identified since their arrival on 22 August. It will be five weeks since they arrived at NNER tomorrow. Surely there were plenty of opportunities to take photos and post them.

The horses in the 20 photos on NNER's facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.693247394064173.1073741856.409052942483621&type=1 ) look to be at decent weight(s), feet look okay (hard to say and a few may need some trimming, but nothing extreme).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.