Finally made the plunge and gave Henry his first dose of Nexium today. 60mg in capsules. Plan to do this once a day for 4 weeks. He has been demonstrating very sour behavior for the last several weeks which has otherwise been uncharacteristic of him. We addressed saddle fit, soundness, dental, checked tack for sand spurs. The only change to the tack we made was ditching the neoprene girth that pulled his long winter coat and bunches up. Some improvement there. The original problem was him turning around to bite my feet when riding. My driving seat hasn’t helped the issue but now I am addressing that too. He has shown improvement with adjustment of my seat and forward aids. Even with these improvements he has gotten worse. He does not enjoy being groomed anymore and pins his ears and threatens to bite. Even with soft brushes. He is a thoroughbred with thick skin so the stiff brushes never bothered him before. He is just in general very crabby and sour. Once we get going he is fine. At home in the pasture he is fine. He is fine to trailer, but I know this is a major source of stress for horses and we trailer 3-5 times a week. He had a major trailer accident in September and In October. (Different trailer now, much happier). He gets free choice coastal hay, clean water, a serving of soaked alfalfa pellets with nutrimix plus, and some beet pulp. Started the beet pulp today because the nutrimix isn’t very palatable. He was previously on platinum performance and dumor. He is an extremely easy keeper and requires no grain. He also gets a flake of alfalfa once a day. He has friends. Although he is separated by a fence line now because introductions were done improperly so now I’m doing it all over again. So after addressing all I can I’m going to treat for ulcers using this method that people have used successfully before.