New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBChoice, Dec 30, 2017.

1. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Think carefully before I speak. I need to follow the rules:
    Is it true?
    Is it helpful?
    Is it positive?

If it Is not one of those, I need to not say it. I'e been practicing, it' not that hard if I engage my brain before opening my mouth! Lol

Breezah, NaeNae and GotaDunQH like this.
  2. Breezah

Breezah Senior Member

Me, too. I don't consider myself a lazy person in general, but when it comes to housework I tend to drop the ball - because, I mean, who wants to do housework?! But I'm also anal and love the feeling of a clean house and I really dislike clutter; gives me anxiety. I'm a "clean up as you go" kind of person so my house is almost always tidy, but not necessarily as clean as it could be. Gotta be more diligent about getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the bathtub regularly and that kind of thing...

I also want to be less lazy in my riding. Sometimes, I get too focused on myself and not the horse or vice versa, allowing myself to get lazy in one area over the other, and then when it comes time to get in the ring it's apparent. Since I am upping the amount of shows I will be attending this year, my goal is to be more well put-together than previous years, which can only happen if I put as much effort into both my horse's training and my own simultaneously without getting lazy about one or the other.

3. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

I've got a couple :)

1) Eat healthier, loose quite a bit of weight and get a gym membership. My goal is to loose 40-50lbs in total, so far Ive got about 10lbs down, it's a start! I'm also going to join a gym with a friend and work on getting in better shape over all with doing cardio and weight lifting.

2) "New" Truck. My goal is to get a different truck some time with in March-June. My current truck just doesn't have the ability to pull our current horse trailer like I want (eventually I want to get a bigger trailer too..). Ideally I'd like to get a duramax.

3) More horse shows & lessons. Simple enough :)