New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBChoice, Dec 30, 2017.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I know how that goes, Bakkir. I had some issues pop up with Rain before it got so cold out. And I had Sublime back in work... and then the cold front came in and it's now 3 degrees, but feels like -13. So my poor horses will have to wait and I guess I'll have to start over with Sublime. :(

Alsosusieq2 and Bakkir like this.
  2. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I thought of another one. I want to be on my phone less. It has become way too easy to just pull out my phone when I am lazy or bored and spend a couple hours looking at youtube videos or pinterest. No more!

3. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Charm has gotten to the point where she trusts me not to hurt her. So she is showing me her tricks and testing boundaries. I knew her previous handling/training was bad. It's coming out now like PTSD.

This is the point in training where I ask myself "Why did I buy this mare?" And then I remind myself of all the good days we have had together so far. Respect and trust must be earned.

It may not seem like we have gotten very far but we started from nothing. So when we reach our goal it will be that much sweeter.

With the holiday I won't be able to go see her until Tuesday. Hope the cold snap ends by then.

Alsosusieq2 and NBChoice like this.
  4. slc

slc Senior Member

Oh I have incredibly ambitious plans for 2018, LOL. Like, for it to not entirely suck as bad as 2017.

I'd like to get in the best shape in my life, get a high paying job, do all the projects I've been dying to do on the house and farm, and not be either injured or sick the entire year.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

I'm going to lose the last ten pounds I couldn't shed because of the holidays (I really love sweets), I'm going to graduate in May and start Master's school in August, and I will be riding more this year! I plan to take my horse camping more often too. I only went once last year, mostly because my man doesn't want to go, and that dog won't hunt this year. I'm taking it by the reins and owning my life. No more excuses.

6. Samarama

Samarama Senior Member

Thanks! I'm due June 26... everything is well so far, but I am constantly worried something is going wrong. I bought a Doppler today too, and so far it hasn't helped ease my worry since I can't find the heartbeat on it either lol.

Bakkir, NBChoice and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

I never do resolutions....I just strive to do the right thing on a daily basis.

8. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

1) To exercise daily, even if it's just 20-30 minutes. No weight loss resolution as I'm really happy with who I am and what I look like...I just want to keep my muscle and if a little weight loss comes with it, even better.
    2) To have more patience and not react quickly in situations...to think more before I open my mouth. :)

9. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

While I also never used to do resolutions and strive to do good everyday, and still do, I'm not above setting myself goals. And this year I decided to set myself a couple of goals to consciously work towards.

One light one, is to read a book a week. I've got WAY too many books that I haven't read yet and I keep buying more, so I'm going t start new every Monday and take notes on key factors I've learnt or have interested me, and then review Sunday.

And deeper goal is to get out of my victim status. I've battled a bit with emotional crap and have let my mind control my way too much this year, so I'm going to work on being way more conscious of not blaming my emotions.

10. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

This year, I'm going to be less of a doormat. I'm going to practice saying no to things I don't want to do and I'm going to try not to let myself be guilt tripped into things. I've always tried to adjust my schedule to make things work for everyone else, but this year... I'm going to put me first. If I don't want to attend a family event because I have 5 other things I need to do, I'm not going to sacrifice my own wellbeing in order to make everything work.