New blog - Chestnut Thoroughbred!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Acornicus, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
?

What would you like to see a post on?

1. Tack box essentials

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Horse riding in NZ

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. What I look for in a horse

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Conformation evaluations of my herd

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Other (please comment!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

Hey guys, I thought rather than spamming up the horse chat with thread after thread about how my ponies are going I'd just start a blog. Check it out if you're interested, very open to suggestions on improvements or things you like!

mysite

https://www.facebook.com/ChestnutThoroughbred/

The chestnut TB in question is of course Jack, the $1 impulse purchase, and I go into a bit of detail about the rest of the team as well. I love reading about other peoples' equine partners so I thought mine may be of interest to someone else.

I'm going to be adding pages on reviews, sciencey stuff, general training fluff, and that kind of thing as well as just chat. If there is anything in particular you would like to see more of (would anyone be interested in an 'owning horses in NZ' article?) HMU!

Threads without pics are WORTHLESS so have some Jonah spam (4yo OTTB project - acquired before Jack came along)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

He looks off, just a tiny tad behind, from the jump pic. I don't do FB, so, won't be reading the blog. We have Blogs here on MHF as well, ya know.

ginster and Acornicus like this.
  3. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

He is unshod and has less than perfect hooves right now (only arrived last week so haven't managed to get the farrier to him yet), so I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit off, there is a blown abscess in his off hind hoof which might be causing it.

The blog itself isn't on FB, that's just a FB page that links to the posts as I put them up as it seems to be the most popular social platform. The first link is the one that actually has the website :)

4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Following!

Acornicus likes this.
  5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

That's the leg he looks off on: right hind.

Acornicus likes this.
  6. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

Thanks manes, I'll get someone to trot him out for me today and won't ride him again until the farrier has had a look. I thought he felt a bit funny for short moments, but it can be hard to tell with a young green one who is still very 'wiggly' to ride and isn't very good at travelling at a consistent speed yet. It's a big blow out though so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the cause. Poor pony!

manesntails and ginster like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Jonah looks like such a sweetie!

Acornicus likes this.
  8. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

He is adorable, the SO has already awarded him the title of Favourite Horse (I think because he is such an itchy baby so he's the one that is happy to be scratched for hours :ROFLMAO:)