Need help identifying Saddle and advice

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Chow, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

I am considering purchasing this saddle and it has some unusual knee and thigh blocks. I would like opinions and suggestions. I want to use it for flat work, dressage, low jumps and trail riding.
    The pictures are at Post number 10 below. it is not the Olympia saddle in the earlier pictures. appreciate all you can tell me.

Also,

I have been trying to figure out what model this custom saddle is based on, also apx. How old it is. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to get them on here from my iPhone.
    It is stamped on the underside in gold with Crosby and inside the "O" it says Crosby Miller's England. All the metal buttons say the same thing. It has a rounded Cantle, not the flat across. It also has a gold stamped WRS co. And a serial number 4 1 161 with a 1 or I underneath it.
    It looks like an eventing saddle with customized flaps. They are padded on the top of the flap at the knee and behind the thigh.
    It has two colors or shades of brown with two types of leather, the seat and pads are a softer, flat lighter brown and the rest is a pebble grained heavier leather.
    hopefully I can get the pics on here- I am new so still learning the ropes, please be patient with me! Thanks!
    Anyone who has any info on this please let me know.

PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED BY CHIC VICTORIAN (for me) at POST number 10 below ! Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

2. chic_victorian

chic_victorian Senior Member

I will wait for pics, but I can tell you its a mid 80's to early 90's model, for when Millers use to own Crosby saddles.

If you send your serial number to Walsall Riding Saddle Co.. (WRS co) they can help you out more. They make or made crosby saddles among others.

3. chic_victorian

4. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

Thanks!

I just sent them an email! thanks! Forgot to mention it also says, made in England and Olympic works on the metal tags. the saddle is in Excellent condition, looks hardly used and the workmanship is incredible!
    I am working on getting the pics up.:D

5. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

I can't seem to get the pictures up. I can email them from my iPad but not upload them to the Internet. Anyone have any idea how to do this?

6. chic_victorian

how to email them? or upload them?

7. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

I have the pictures on my iPad and I can email them (if you want to send me an pm with an email address to send them to) but I can't get them to upload from the iPad to picas or photo bucket or even mobile (somehow they are getting distorted to mobile). I'll have to wait till tomorrow when I can do it from my work computer. Sometimes technology is just way more complicated than it needs to be!

8. chic_victorian

I sent you a PM

9. gardengal

gardengal Senior Member

Does it look like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If so, it's the Crosby Olympia.

Chow likes this.
  10. chic_victorian