Name that puppy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mymarespet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mymarespet

mymarespet Senior Member+

I have a new puppy! She is a purebred Rough Collie. She is such a quality girl she needs a perfect name. Some names I can think of are ok for a puppy but won't suit her when she is mature. Her personality is curious but a little cautious, of course, she is pretty young yet, she is already braver and more livley today than a few days ago. She is willing to meet people but comes politely, she is not a licky, bouncy type. She has already overcome her fear of the horses.....poor thing I felt bad for her the first day....those giant beasts freaked her out! She knows I am her person, follows me pretty good and already comes when called. She is very gentle and has only barked a few times, a couple times at the cats and once when I dropped a bale down and startled her. I would love some ideas please! Do you think I am excited!!! puppy July 7 2018.JPG

2. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Congrats she is beautiful. I vote for the name Maggie after my mum's collie.

Years ago I bought my mom a collie as a surprise gift. She had always wanted a dog just like Lassie. One day I told her I was pet sitting and was bringing the puppy over to see her. I rang the door bell and handed her the puppy at the door. She said "Oh, she is just what I always wanted." and I said "Good, she is yours!" The look on her face was priceless.

She named her "Maggie" short for Margaret Rose.

manesntails and mymarespet like this.
  3. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

She's beautiful! I'd call her Duchess.

mymarespet likes this.
  4. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

"Zarah" It doesn't sound like a command and should be unique, Unless you like "Unique.

mymarespet likes this.
  5. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Harper, after Harper Lee
    Audrey
    Grace

Dovasary (Dove)
    Veralidaine (Daine)
    Keladry (Kel)

The last three are characters from books/stories by Tamora Pierce.

Dovasary is a teenaged girl, she and her older sister the last of the indiginous royal line of the Copper Isles who is crowned queen after a successful revolution. She is smart, appears shy and somewhat timid at first but shows a backbone of steel and steps up when her older sister flees the country.
    Veralidaine has so called wild magic, she can speak to and heal animals.
    She is a gentle girl who was orphaned at age thirteen and cared for herself from that age on. She is smart and tough and fair.
    Keladry is probably my favourite character from this author.
    She is only the second girl to train to become a knight. She faces animosity and outright hate from day one. And still she protects others who are bullied and fights her own fights. She is extremely determined, iron-willed and fairness is everything to her. She overcomes her fears to save others constantly.

mymarespet likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

She's beautiful, I used to have collies. First name that comes to mind is Lady, she looks like a little one to me.

mymarespet likes this.
  7. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

So cute! No suggestions, she just looks a lot like the sheltie I adopted (mini lassie dog lol).

mymarespet likes this.
  8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Callahan. Cally for short.

mymarespet and Larkspade like this.
  9. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I like Harper.

mymarespet likes this.