Name for Blue Roan Gelding

Discussion in 'Horse Names' started by BipolarHonor, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BipolarHonor

BipolarHonor Senior Member

So my friends brother has been looking to buy some new trail horses for his ranch in Kentucky. Right now all he mostly has is young just starting under saddle or older like 20+ yrs horses and he needs something in between for his trail riders. So my friend told him my hubby wants to sell his TB gelding if the right offer comes along. He doesn't ride a lot and Im too busy working with bindi most of the time when I can ride that honor doesn't get used much and then becomes sour when he does get ridden so he wants to sell him to someone that will make some use of him. Trail riding is perfect honor loves it. So he made an offer and we took it. He then also offered a blue roan gelding to us for free. 4/5 yrs old and broke. BUT some kids thought it would be fun to light him on fire so he only has nubs for ears and possibly deaf and his face and neck are scarred. He wants him in a home with more one on one attention since he has the health issues from te burning and his ranch is just to big to provide that so he is sending him to me an he will be a pasture buddy for the minis if all goes well between them. He now needs a name though. They have been calling him Nubs because of his ears :p any other suggestions? Something related to fire would be nice considering the history but anything works. I considered backdraft but that's pretty long for a barn name :/ He will come on the 27th when my friends brother comes to pick her up to spend a week at the ranch and honor will be leaving that day. I'm hoping to have some pics sent to me before that though.

2. auboch

auboch Full Member

Pheonix or Asher

3. blue eyed paint

blue eyed paint Full Member

-Blue
    -Baron
    -Bandit
    -Blue Jeans
    -Smokey
    -Charcoal

Hope these help!

4. BipolarHonor

BipolarHonor Senior Member

So we decided not to take him now. Hubby doesn't want another big horse to feed ver winter he said once spring comes around and the horses are out more I can look for another. He is still looking for a home though an is free if anyone on here would be interested in him I can give you the owners contact info to get more info on him. From the sound of it scaring is just along mane and forelock are. They are figuring the kids dumped gas on his mane and tail and lit it so the scarring is along the top of his neck and forehead from what I know