My riding journal

Discussion in 'Blogs (Horse Forum)' started by Pony123, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Rode for the first time in 3wks yesterday. I rode one of the bigger horses and did pretty well. I think I need to just believe in myself more. I have some anxiety on bigger horses but this one is pretty awesome and isn't bad, just big so I kind of freak myself out on him. I want to ride him more so I can get used to him. I did go a step further than the last time I rode him and try a few cross rails. My trainer said my form was the best when I wasn't worrying about what he would do and I relaxed into myself finally. Then I hopped on Sasha and did a course which was fine. I love that mare. <3

Attached Files:

Larkspade likes this.
  2. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Not feeling super confident with my riding now...showed last weekend and felt really good about how I rode... won all my jumper classes and a hunter class and 3rd in eq but then the pics came back and I saw that I was majorly jumping ahead.... :/ So trying to plan out a workout in the three days a week I ride to work on that. I swear I've been feeling depressed about this for days... Hoping to do a lot of grids and two point over poles. Hope I can feel good about my progress soon.

3. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Rode Sasha again and focused on not getting in two point until I feel her take off. There were a couple fails where I was left behind and one where I jumped ahead but overall it was better. Just have to remind myself its not all going to get better at once! I have to work on my leg with her as she jumps like a hunter and not flat like the ponies I ride where my leg is way better. I did work on my leg position on the flat and had a bit of a breakthrough there where I'm not jamming it in front of me. I was really happy about that since that has been a project of mine for a while. Helped me stay solid in my body so when the mare is being goofy, I can use my position. Also schooled a lil in the XC field over some tiny stuff for the hunter pace and I felt much more solid in my position on the pony. Still could scoot my butt back in my saddle some more tho.

4. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Had an awesome private lesson to work on my dressage test really could feel my leg staying underneath me! I still need to work on keeping my foot flat though. This pony hasn't done dressage in years (he's 25) and he did awesome! He framed up nicely and I really clicked with him. Jumping also went well and I felt my leg stay in place which made me really happy! I'm not jumping ahead on him about 85% of the time now which is better but I'm still working toward 100%. I think it was watching a bunch of youtube vids and seeing other people and how little they did over the fence.