1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured My New OTTB

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by GentleGiant1, Oct 31, 2016.

1. GentleGiant1

GentleGiant1 Full Member

This is my new OTTB Afternoon Ghost, or better known as Bentley. He's a 4 yr old gelding and he's been off the track for 10 months sitting in a pasture.

Attached Files:

2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

He looks to be downhill. Unsure if that footing is level or not. You want to do Dressage right?

3. GentleGiant1

GentleGiant1 Full Member

Yes. Since he's on the younger side of 4 I think he'll level out a little bit. Still growing.

4. DidYouLook

DidYouLook Registered

Such a cutie. I'm a sucker for greys. :)

Happy Jumper likes this.
  5. VermilionStrife

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but at 4 he's not likely to level out. Mostly at this age they fill out rather than gain height.

How is his movement? What does he know under saddle? I know you said sat for 10 months, just wondering if anyone did any work with him after the track. :) My old TB was an OTTB. Great horse. I still miss him.

kodemiester and slc like this.
  6. GentleGiant1

GentleGiant1 Full Member

Our vet says he thinks he'll level out a little bit. I don't mind if he's downhill. He's a cute mover. He knows nothing besides track training. He raced once and then retired after and sat in the pasture. He's super sassy and smart. Just the way I like them.

Happy Jumper and GreyFeather like this.
  7. VermilionStrife

Well, I hope he is everything you want! Got any videos of him moving? I'd love to see. :)

8. GentleGiant1

GentleGiant1 Full Member

He honestly is exactly what I wanted. And he was a steal at $400. He has such a great attitude, everything worked out great. Is YouTube the only way I can post videos?

Happy Jumper and VermilionStrife like this.
  9. tamika

tamika Registered

He is so cute I'm a sucker for OTTB

Happy Jumper likes this.
  10. all4him

all4him Senior Member

He is VERY cute!! My friend (who's horses I ride) has 2 OTTBs - a 16 year old and a 6 year old. I rode the 16 year old yesterday and he was still sassy but safe. He's got a tough trot to ride because he's bouncy but he's such a good boy. Her 6 year old was ridden by her yesterday with no bridle - just a neck strap. Walk/trot/canter/lead changes - all of it. SOOOOO good!

Happy Jumper likes this.