1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

My husband is dying!!!!!!!!!! Or, he thinks he is.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chester, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Trace

Trace Senior Member+

If only it was that easy. :(

2. trublurebel

trublurebel Full Member

easy isnt the problem with that. it's the getting away with it that proves a challenge :D

2 people like this.
  3. Maisie

Maisie Senior Member+

When I was a kid the neighbour across the street had given birth to her 3rd baby (at home) a week previously, when her hubby who was known for being the biggest baby in her household took to his bed with a "bad cold" she was so mad at his lack of support that un-beknown to him she called the doctor out who promptly told him "get out of that bed & help your wife, it's her that needs help not you" ! ... he was hanging out the washing & getting to grips with the vacumn cleaner before the bed got cold ! :rofl:

2 people like this.
  4. Widget

Widget Senior Member+

If it is type 2 sudden onset manflu then he is correct. It is time to say your goodbyes.

1 person likes this.
  5. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

The last time the flu ran through the entire family is was like this.....

Daughter gets flu, mom stays home with her, 1 day of throwing up,fever, and she is back to school the next day.

Son gets same flu, mom stays home with him, 1 day of throwing up,fever, and back to school the next Monday.

Mom gets the same flu, kids take care of her as it was a Friday night and Dad had plans to go to the local bar with co-workers, mom is up and back at it the next day.

Dad finally gets this flu, 3 days later he is still whining about being feverish, and not feeling well, can mom wait on him hand and foot? **** no! What a wussy!

6. slc

slc Senior Member

Where would we be without them? On a white sand beach in Tahiti with Johnny Depp.

7. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Senior Member

Back in December I contracted the worst stomach virus I have ever had in. my. life! While I drove the 45 mins. home I threw up no less than 10 times. My body ached like someone was twisting my joints from the inside out, and by the time I got home I was shivering so that my teeth clattered together.

I struggled up the steps, walked in the house and the hubby was lying on the couch. I told him I was so sick and needed to go to bed and he asked me to bring him a soda first :rolleyes:

I spent the entire weekend in bed and had to wait on myself. Lo and behold, he got it 3 days later and was DYING!!! Guess who ran around in the pouring rain hunting down gingerale, nausea meds. and buying groceries? You guessed it :no:

8. RODEOSASK

RODEOSASK Senior Member

The man cold is nothing to joke about.
    ;)

9. Chester

Chester Senior Member

ARGH I thought I was rid of him. He would be many miles away at his work camp. NO. He is too sick. He is coming home. Organise the doctor for him.

I have told him he is sleeping in Chicks room as she is away this weekend. He did think he might drag his recliner chair into our bedroom and sleep in that. Nup. I do not want to be breathing germy air all night.

I know I promised to love him in health and sickness but have no recollection of promising to share his diseases.

I do really love him and do have sympathy for him but I do not want to be dying as well. :no:

2 people like this.
  10. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Senior Member

Just tell him since your gallbladder surgery was so recent, that your immune system is still compromised :D

manesntails and (deleted member) like this.