My horse ate

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by gaitedboomer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Not Wuss Horse? I somehow cannot imagine HIM eating something a cadaver....

gaitedboomer likes this.
  2. slc

slc Senior Member

Not Wuss Horse, Tristan. A horse I had over 25 yrs ago.

With a lovely name like Tristan, the barn manager insisted on calling him Trissy, and he was the most un Trissy horse in the world. He was a real manly horse.

But he liked Doritos. That's how the whole mouse incident happened.

I never told anyone about it before.

I feel cleansed.

gaitedboomer and ginster like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Okay. Tristan sounds like horse who would´ve hunted mice down to eat them...

4. slc

slc Senior Member

It was an accident. It was in a bag of doritos. He inhaled doritos.

"OH MY GOD! I was going to throw that bag away! IT HAD A MOUSE IN IT!"

"The ah...the bag is empty. Completely. And there ain't no mouse around h'yar."

"He ate it."

"OH MY GOD HE ATE IT!"

"Appears so." (the calmer speaker being me. Personally? I was not surprised. He had the champing jaws of death. He once ate a chicken sandwich.

"Where the hail is my chicken sandwich?"

"I don't know. I never even saw a sandwich around here. Ever. In twenty years."

"Hm.....did you eat it?"

"No. I ah...I don't eat it, I hate eating chicken. It's against my religion."

"What religion is that?"

"The ah....one where chickens are sacred."

And that's really nothing. My pony once took a leather coat off a tack hook in front of a stall at a show, and ran to the back of the stall and peed all over it.

I ran in and grabbed it. Then I saw the owner of the jacket on his way down the aisle.

Oh...oh dang. I brushed it off quickly, then hung it back up at the same hook, at the same time brandishing a whip at my pony so he skulked to the back of the stall. That jacket stank.

The guy walked up with a couple pretty girls with him. He just cruised on by and grabbed the jacket with one grand sweeping gesture, and slung it over his, well, I suppose it was a very expensive shirt. Off they went to a fancy restaurant for dinner, I suppose.

That jacket stank like you would not believe.

I figure about the time they settled into their chairs at the restaurant, nice cozy warm place that it was, the aroma would start wafting.

I mean really wafting.

For the rest of the show that guy kept eyeing me with a puzzled expression.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    gaitedboomer, ginster and Pirate like this.
  5. slc

slc Senior Member

No. He hunted humans.

"Here comes the human with the saddle! Tonight I eat human flesh!"

Once I fell off that SOB and afterwards went to the lounge where the resident trainer of 5 gaited saddlebreds(guy was brilliant) was making his dinner.

I said, "Dang, I should have stayed on."

He just stared at me with his eyes wide as saucers, LOL.

"That was a very good time to fall off," he said solemnly, "that devil was going to kill you."

It was the most horrible horse in the universe.

gaitedboomer likes this.
  6. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

I had a jumping pony like that. His name was Flipp and I should have guessed why they sold him just by the name. My dad thought he was the perfect little thing. A warmblood in a pony body. He was a tiny little Tb 142cm stocky as hell and could jump anything and everything in front of him, staying on before and after the fence was the only issue. He would notice if you got a little unbalanced and helped to unbalance you some more then basically laughed as you did a flip off him. Only fell of him once in competition but at home oh lord I think at one point people at the barn took bets on how long I would stay on for.

Arem, gaitedboomer and Pirate like this.
  7. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

Fansea and Summer eat Cabbage

Fan eats celery and just about everything else you offer, though with carrots and apples they have to be cut into bite size peices for her....
    Sum is more picky sticking to carrots and apples

gaitedboomer likes this.
  8. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

The other day, Vegas decided strawberries and crackers were a pretty decent snack. And cheddar popcorn.

She's a little strange, but my 4 year old nephew was completely blown away that horses would eat "people food".

gaitedboomer likes this.