My horse ate

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by gaitedboomer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I forgot about them on the white cardboard!:cheerleader:

We had a candy store at school that opened after the last lunch period. They sold five cent boxes of pretzel sticks, Mary Janes, Kits, red and black licorice, huge Tootsie Rolls, and I forget what else. Boy stuff was cheap but gas was only 25 cents/gallon back then and it cost 3 cents to mail a letter:cowdance:

manesntails and zett like this.
  2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

My old Thoroughbred loved muffins of any flavor. Orange muffins were a special favorite of his, as was anything peanut butter. He once fished a half eaten muffin from the trash when my back was turned at a show. Haha had to grab it from him because I didn't know where it had been.

Nu5ha, zett and gaitedboomer like this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Manes, do you remember pennycandy? We used to go to a very small candy store and pick out individual pieces of candy from glass cases. Some were two for a penny. My favorite was root beer barrels.

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

When I was three my mother sent me to the P.O. two blocks away to get her a stamp. She gave me two cents. I could just barely, on my tip-toes, reach up to the counter. I told the lady I needed one stamp then walked up to the counter and put my two pennies up there.

She told me I needed one more penny because stamps now cost Three cents. :eek2: That was my first lesson on inflation.
    :idea:
    I told her I'd be right back.
    I didn't go home. I walked past the church and the diner and went through the fence to the drive in theatre.

Change everywhere~!!
    I did that regularly, all summer, on mondays. People go to get in their car with their food and change in their hand and drop their change. They can't find it in the dark. :p

I came back and gave her another penny, took my stamp and stopped at Lucky's Supermarket, at the corner of my street for some Goetz, some hotballs and a hershey bar, which I stuffed in my back pockets, then headed home.

Nobody ever asked what took me so long :ROFLMAO:

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Oh yeah~!!
    Me and my cousin Jimmy, who I visited on holidays, used to get loaded up at the Candy store. His house was two blocks from a penny candy store. Rows on top of rows of jars and boxes of penny candy: three for a penny, a penny a piece, etc.

Our Grandmother would take a handful of change and fill our fists up. 65 cents worth :eek2:
    That much money got you a small paperbag FULL ~!!

And if you ate it all at once, sometimes a bellyache~!!:LOL:

Alsosusieq2, Nu5ha, Varisha and 2 others like this.
  6. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Licorice once ate en entire bag of dog biscuits. The funny thing is, even though she's a chub, she's actually pretty picky. If you offer her something new it's 50/50 whether she will eat it or spit it out, and she has preferences for how things are served.

For example, she loves beer but dislikes Corona (so do I, incidentally, that's why I tried to give it to her) and she likes McDonalds fries but doesn't like them with ketchup. She also once spit out a granola bar until she saw my other mare enjoying them thoroughly, at which point she begrudgingly are one with a grossed-out look on her face. She also never ate tumbleweeds until she saw my other mare doing so and decided they might be ok to eat.

7. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I'll take your Corona and trade you a can of Widow Maker. Dark ale, you will like it, and so will your horse, lol

AmyK and gaitedboomer like this.
  8. Varisha

Varisha Senior Member

That reminds me of the time I tried to feed my Arabian mare a granola bar. First I gave a bit to my appy mare, who of course loved it. Then I walked into my arab mare's stall and offered her a bit. She flattened her ears then spun and placed her head in the corner, It was the one an only time that mare swung her butt to me. I have a feeling she was given meds in some granola at some point in her life :) LOL. My app was happy she got all of it.

Arem, gaitedboomer and AmyK like this.
  9. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Never tried it but I don't know that I need something called "Widow Maker" in my life, lol.

10. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

On the way to the barn now, wonder what fatty got into today. Everyday is a surprise he always manages to get into something.
    As for fast food fatty looooves the burger buns and fries

IMG_3374.PNG

Arem, Blue-Roan, gaitedboomer and 3 others like this.