My horse ate

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by gaitedboomer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I knew that's was wrong when I typed it, lol that is what my dogs get.

The cats get whatever is in the green bag:idea:

I am really enjoying all the stories ---- I knew this would be a fun thread:applaud::applaud:

Years ago my Arab/saddlebred learned how to pick blackberries off the bushes without getting a scratch; he also liked Ne-Hi orange soda.

My purebred Arab loved those icky carmels with the white filling that we used to be able to buy at gas stations (back in the day when an attendant pumped your gas:tiphat:

I've had several horses that liked beer -- a lot of beer:no:

zett and D_BaldStockings like this.
  2. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

Mine love bananas and I give them dry cereal as a treat. It's a nice way to use up cereal that's going stale. :p

Weirdest thing I ever saw one eat was an egg. My Welsh would eat anything. He saw an egg that a chicken had randomly laid in the field, sniffed it, and then it was gone. He shook his head around with yolk flying everywhere while I watched like :eek:

zett, Nu5ha, gaitedboomer and 3 others like this.
  3. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

[​IMG]
    These? How dare you call them icky.

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

*I* love those caramels with the powdered sugar centers~!! You can still get them. They are made by Goetz. That's what I call them too. “I wanna get some Goetz“ :LOL:

The horse, on the other hand, NUP~!! :cool:

They don't get my Goetz~!!
    :charge:

5. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Well little sh*t got into someone's marshmallows. Some donut left a full bag on his box window thing, fat sh*t pulled them through the bars and ate them groom thinks with some plastic! Groom found it while he was doing the water round and just called me to say maybe we need to put signs up saying not one to leave anything around his box, especially food related items.

Alsosusieq2, Arem, zett and 3 others like this.
  6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

"Warning : Food Vacuum"

BO had a mini mare who could not be led out of the barn without doing a faceplant raid on the bowl of dry cat food near the door. :rolleyez:
    Raps was the Worlds Biggest Chocoholic. He showed real interest in some M&Ms I had one day, and I 'sacrificed' a few, thinking he wouldnt like the slippery candy shell. WRONG. They turned into his show treats, and training rewards. He would scarf down the chocolate covered chocolate cake types too, Swiss rolls, (US) Ho-hos, Ring dings..
    And after he discovered Grapels, apples with white grape juice in them, if I had one I had better be Prepared to Share. There was No hiding it from the Pushy Patdown by a 4" nose.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Arem, AmyK, zett and 3 others like this.
  7. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

NBChoice and Manes, The Goetze's caramels look a lot more respectable than what I am talking about, lollol

"Once upon a time" there were these little mom n pop gas stations that always had a gas station attendant to pump your gas, wash your windshield AND the back window, and ask if you would like the oil checked.

All this was done while the driver went into the gas station to pay and peruse the vending machines, plus whatever goodies were hanging on the goodie tree on the glass top counter:cooldance:

One of the choice on the goodie tree was a 50 cent bag of caramels with white centers that were not individually wrapped. They were always stale and I held them in the same low regard as those sugar Easter peeps, lollol

I have never seen the Goetze's caramels --- now that I have, I will keep my eye out for them in the grocery store and try them. If it has sugar in it, I am always willing to give something a try:cheerleader:

I am concluding from all these stories, our horses are far too smart & spoiled, and are a bunch of Foodies given half a chance:loveflag:

Varisha, zett and NBChoice like this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

A mouse.

gaitedboomer likes this.
  9. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Hotdog buns, he loved them. Was a ritual - buy hot dog, toss hotdog, feed bun to horse. Always was a good luck charm.

Varisha, zett and gaitedboomer like this.
  10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

When I was a kid, back in the ice age, you could get five of them all lined up on a white, thin cardstock “tray“ wrapped in celophane for a nickel.

Varisha, zett and gaitedboomer like this.