My horse ate

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by gaitedboomer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

the cat food:faint:

For several afternoons, something has been getting up on the barn counter and wiping the cat food bowls clean.

There is always this strange sorta greenish dried stuff in the counter.

We discounted rats, raccoons and opossums.

Concluded the really feral cat we haven't seen in a long time must be back.

DH checked the baby Wrens in a nest in Joker's stall on his way to buy a game cam so we could catch the cat food thief. Guess who he caught red-hoofed eating the cat food?

Nohhhhhh----- not my precious-never-do-anything-wrong Joker -----

Just look at that face --- denying to the nines he ate the cat food. I don't know why, after all these years he has decided to stretch his neck over the counter to eat the cat food. He can't reach it from inside his stall, where this was taken. He has his own entrance to the barn and there is a barrel fan part way down the barn aisle that he stands in front of. Making the counter to his right. I guess he got bored and decided Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream cat food is pretty good. No wonder my cats are hungry. So now I have to re-arrange things on the counter and put the cat food some place else.

Joker, Joker, Joker, my Sweetie Boy, you got busted with drool and cat food coming out of your mouth:applause:

image.jpg

2. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

The other day, my pony ate a Nutri Grain bar, still in its wrapper.

What is up with these fools? lol

zett and Arem like this.
  3. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

Gage loves cherries, caramel popcorn, ginger snap cookies and rye bread. He has also carried potted roses off porches and tried to eat them. But he won't touch apples. o_O He has tried to eat the barn cats' food before but I wouldn't let him.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  4. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

There is nothing fatty wont eat. Today the little sh*t drank the poor grooms tea and broke the mug in the proses, then ate his banana with the skin there is a reason why he gets cross tied when his stable is cleaned because he pops his head out and eats everything around him.

ginster, GONE ROPING, AmyK and 4 others like this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Hahahahahaha oh dear lord. I love this thread.

gaitedboomer likes this.
  6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I think horses, previous to today's modern horse, ate meat from time to time. Otherwise, the wouldn't need canine teeth, right?

Plus, we had a Mustang that was excellent at snatching your Kentucky Fried chicken leg right out of your hand and swallowing that thing so fast, bone and all, it was futile to try and get it back from him. Never had any ill effects from it either. So, catfood, that makes sense.

Millie loves coffe, with milk and sugar. Can't leave my cup around, she laps it up, like a dog.

7. Pirate

Pirate Senior Member

I overslept one morning so grabbed some plums for breakfast. Douce ate them.
    Some road workers were patting Nobby one day and offered her weet-bix she ate it dry and when they laughed really loudly she spooked and showered weet-bix crumbs over everybody.

zett, Varisha, Arem and 4 others like this.
  8. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

My boy loves peeps, those disgusting marshmallow things. A friend brought their kid out, he was attemptinf to snack on it, but the land whale was snagging them before he could eat them.

He is the same horse that refuses to eat starbursts if anyone but me gives them to him, he will hold them in his lips and lick you which gets you covered in half melted candy. My filly on the other hand can't figure out how to eat an apple, let alone a normal treat so she isnt too bad

zett, Varisha, manesntails and 3 others like this.
  9. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

When I did Pony Club camp, I feel like we spent half our free time offering everything we ate to our horses. I remember a friend's horse eating a bite of a hamburger, and we learned my old pony would move mountains for fig newtons!

zett, Varisha, manesntails and 3 others like this.
  10. Sam C.

Sam C. Full Member

We toss our slop into the horse pen for the free range chickens to pick through. A little POA gelding we used to have decided chicken was tasty and crunched down a leg bone. o_O