my First horse story

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by ilovemyhorsepep, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ilovemyhorsepep

ilovemyhorsepep Senior Member

Well when i was 7 i started riding!!.... thats when i absolutly fell in love with it!:) so i was going to this riding school for a while. Then i wanted one of my own.... i lived on horse property... and so my instructer gave me this 28 year old arabian gelding!!! BEST HORSE I COULD EVER ASK FOR!!! he did anything for me!! i loved him to death i rode him bareback and bridless and did everything i asked!:) well one day i was riding( with out a helmet) my mom and grandma were watching and i loped him up and down theese hills and i forgot to tighten the cinch and the whole saddle slipped to the side and i was hanging of by just my feet in the stirrup and i was hanging there and i yelled " Ollie Whoah" and then.....STOP he stopped on a dime when he heard me scream!*-*
    i like was soo happy my mom and gramma couldnt beleive it! i was soo lucky he stopped i could have died ...oh Yea the was like a huge rock right by my head to. well anyways from that day on me and him had this close bonding thingy i guess... well one day i went out there and he had coliced... REALLY BAD!! :( and he was laying down and couldnt get up! :''( i was balling soo i sat there for 2 hours crying next to him and petting him i was like pleas please get up.... and sure enough, he popped right up i was so happy! so we called the vet he did a bunch of stuff 300$ worth of stuff then the next day ollie was standing there and he got really dizzie and just fell over!! :( landed on a table and broke the legs of it... right in front of me!! his tongue was hanging out to... he died that dayy peacfully :( well anyways took me a week to get over it! now i got my self the best mare ever! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ well sorry for the long story.. aany of yo uhave stories?

2. Aceisdabomb

Aceisdabomb Senior Member

Aww i already knew that it its was heart renching :(

you know this one but for other people i guess

My frist horse Ace a 12 year old OTTB he was so great he was just my boy:bawling:andwhen i frist got hm to my house i didnt have a saddle just a bridle so i rode him bare back in the arena just walking at frist then i ran him a lil but not that much cuz it hurt he had high withers and stuff well i finally got a saddle so i went out by my self on a trail ride and i stayed near my house cux i didnt know anywhere to go so i just walked for about an hour and a half every day just walking and then we started to boraed horses so my mom would come on rides with me and we went out and would have so much fun and i just loved ace with all my heart. Then after a while i was running him a tiny bit just cux he started to gain a lil weight and he would get real sore from me troting him for like 3 mins MAX so i was like whats going on i barely ran him. so i got him checked out and found out that his 10 yearsof racing took a toll on him so i wanted to keep him but we couldent keep a horse that i couldent ride be cuz he eat soooo much so i deciede the best bet was to sell him it took me 3 1/2 mounths to acaully put an ad up to sell him :( i cried hitting the post botton on the ad. then when the people came to take him and i said can i have a sec i hugged him and kissed him and i cryed and cryed in frnt of every one and then when we went into the trailer he weeined and that broke my heart and ive cryed veryday since (its been 2-3 weeks ) sorry that is like a essay

3. Aceisdabomb

and now i have a very awesome horse that i love just i really miss my boy he will ALWAYS be mine no matter WHO owns him lol

4. ilovemyhorsepep

OMG!! guess what! i just cried reading that!! :'( lol it breaks my heart when horses weeny like that lol i lovved ace to i rode him everyday for like a month when he was at allices! but life happens and we move on..

5. Aceisdabomb

yea i did to and i just had fun being with him i mean like i wud get on hi bare back ina halter and just walk up and down the street or just sit on him when he was eating i just was always with him snd loved eveeeery secound of it

6. ilovemyhorsepep

AWWWW! i know!

7. Sootbind

Sootbind Senior Member+

I still have my first horse. :)
    She is a gray 2003 Arab mare, but she's not registered because she is only 15/16 Arab, lol. Not purebred. ;)

When I started paying for her she was 4 years old. She lived in a TERRIBLE place, and that's why I bought her. She was barely handled at all and had never had her feet done EVER in her life! She also had NO MANE, they had cut it off because they didn't want to spend time picking burrs out of it. :( The people there had more dogs than you could ever even count and they were ALL MEAN. They had goats running free everywhere, and chickens and cats and rabbits in little hutches. It smelled so bad. And they had horses too, and none of them had enough space to lope or canter. :( They had a stallion living in a roundpen and he was SO SKINNY! I had my friend come out and look at Clairabelle and she said "Don't buy her, she's dangerous and she'll hurt you." But I wanted to get her out of that awful place. :(

When I finished paying for Clairabelle she was 5 years old, and they would never admit it, but I know they gave her drugs to calm her down and she went right into the trailer. She stayed calm for a few days, so I think they gave her shots. I could brush her from head to toe and feed her and lead her around and lay across her back and she totally didn't care. I kick myself for not having her feet done when she was so calm, because it took a long time to get her to where she could actually have them touched. The day we put her into the pasture was happy and sad. While she was SO HAPPY, having the time of her life, the best day of her life no doubt, I was crying my eyes out because I was watching her as she was learning how to canter at the age of 5 years old. She didn't even know how to position her feet properly, and she still has a very bizarre, unusual gait at the canter. She is still the only horse I've ever known whose trot is smoother than her canter.

Clairabelle is approachable and touchable now, and though it takes a few minutes, she is catchable too. She can be groomed and FINALLY have her feet done. She is a pro in the roundpen, but still bucks quite reliably, and I haven't ridden her yet though my fiance has ridden her a number of times. She is definitely an English horse at heart, though she really prefers to be ridden bareback. :)

[​IMG]

8. ilovemyhorsepep

She is beautiful!!!!!!!!*-*

9. horsesrtwo

horsesrtwo Senior Member

My 1st horse is still mine...
    for my 7tth bday, I got Gabby as a lesson horse. for 2 years I slaved over her and she was just as sweet as could be. I showed her for 2 years in 4H when I was 8 and 9, then in 2006 my instructor gave her to me as a christmas present. :) I loved her to death. I showed her again the next year but by then she was 28 and got really sore after one of the shows so then we realized we would have to retire her and get a new younger horsie (Kyla) So when I got Kyla, on that first day I was sooo excited but I was also sooo mad at myself for thinking that another horse could EVER replace her, I HATED Kyla for about 3 months before I realized I couldn't acomplish ANYTHING with Kyla until I learned to love her too... One of those days I was crying in their stalls (They are right next to each other.) and I had both the doors open, no one was around and Kyla stuck her head out the bottom of the stall and just rested it on my knee. Then I looked over at Gabbys stall and out pops her head too, and I realized they were the best ever. so now gabby just turned 29 years old and she has free board at the stable where I take lessons because she is so special. She gives kisses and hugs (as tricks) and loves it when I brush her face, because she sticks her chin out like a cat would and leans into the brush when I do. She now has asthma, allergies, arthritis, and problems with mellanomas underr her tail becuase she WAS a broodmare, But I will love her forever. She is the best 1st horse. These are pics from her show days...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Sorry the pics are so big and the essays too long haha
    Im crying now.. haha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  10. Sootbind

Sootbind Senior Member+

Thank you! :D I thought so too when I first saw her. Even when she had no mane and chippy, flaky feet she was gorgeous and I didn't want her to go to waste! :) Even if she is always too wild for me to ride she will still be my favorite horse in the world.

Her name at her old home was just Klair, and when I brought her to my fiance's house his dad started calling her Clairabelle, lol! :D So it has become her name!

I also met my fiance all because of Clairabelle, I needed a place to keep her while we finished horse-proofing our yard and I knew they had horses so I went over and asked if they could keep her for a weekend and they said yes and she just never left, lol! :) And now I am getting married to the guy of my dreams all because of Clairabelle! <3