my eyelashes??? stupid eyelash extensions ruined them. what do i do

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by queendancer, Apr 4, 2012.

1. queendancer

queendancer Senior Member

for about a year i wore the eyelashes i can buy from the store with glue because i hate putting mascara on. Well i decided id go have my eyelashes done by a professional so i didnt have to take my eyelashes off and put them on all the time. well about a month ago i got them done and i hated how they felt plasticky and globby from the hardened glue it just felt gross to me, but i delt with it slowly theyd start falling off and these past few days ive really been picking at them and tonight i picked them all off i missing several spots/spaces of eyelashes and they are extremly short. i dont know if it was the person who did it or not but do all eyelashes extension feel like plastic or are there some that feel like real hair? also i wasnt impressed with the chunky glue is that like it on all of them?

what do i do what can i take or put on my eyelashes? i bought this magiclash for $14 for a small tube i hope it works its supposed to help them grow. anything else? products of some sort to help them strengthn, get healthy, and grow?

thanks for reading

2. queendancer

queendancer Senior Member

can someone move this to off topic i am sorry im having technical difficulties everytime i click off topic it goes to horse chat everytime i click breeding it goes to contests :(

3. Meghan_Loomis

Meghan_Loomis Senior Member

Well mascara is definitely a better choice than fake eyelashes all the time.. I'd say just give them some time to recover on their own; no mascara or fake eyelashes for a while!

1 person likes this.
  4. Bluegirl_13601

Bluegirl_13601 Senior Member

I dont have any experience with lash extensions, I have naturally long lashes... but not so much right now... we have a outdoor wood furnace, and usually I end up singeing the front of my hair, stirring it up and putting wood in... well this year I got contacts, so didn't have my glasses to protect me and singed my eye lashes and they are very short, so I feel your pain

5. bartyllal94

bartyllal94 Full Member

OoOo thats rough girl.. when I was little I would pluck my eye lashes.. totally wierd I know.. got to the point where I barley had ANY of them.. they did grow back.. so long in fact that I've debated cutting them. I'll post a pic to show you, people always ask me if they're fake haha. Anyway, my point being.. I bet they'll grow back beautifully! Don't touch them, just let them rest and heal, sound lame I know but trust me! :) Best blessings!

[​IMG]

6. Berlunz

Berlunz Senior Member

you are trying to use images on your computer here. You need to upload the pictures first, we cannot access pictures on your computer.

7. Horselove4ever9

Horselove4ever9 Senior Member

Oh my gosh your eyes are absolutely gorgeous! I have naturally long lashes too, but definitely not to the extent of yours.

OP I would just leave your lashes alone for little while and let them recover. I know after about a week on consistently using mascara I stop for a litle while to give my lashes a break and it really helps. I've also switched to the covergirl mascara that hss more natural products in it instead of all the synthetic stuff.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

The absolute best thing you can do is give them a good two week rest. You also may want to put a warm washclh over your eyes a few times a day to help stimulate blood flow to help feed the hair follicles. Some hair follicles are dormant while others are in a growing phase so if you pulled out the growing ones by the root it could take a while for them to grow back.

9. Sandra-A1

Sandra-A1 Senior Moderator Staff Member

Even though I was blessed with nice eyelashes, I was a teen during the "Twiggy" rage...so I wore false eyelashes...top and bottom.
    I did not use the glue that came with the lashes, instead I used DUO eyelash adhesive.
    I have seen the extensions you had but the individually applied were just too expensive for me and I do like that one can reused the false eyelashes if they are careful when removing.
    I would have went back to the salon and had them remove the extensions.
    Since it is too late for that...just give your eyelashes a vacation.
    Do not use any mascara or liner...just take a break from any and all eye makeup for several weeks.
    Apply your usual facial mositurizer and let your lashes have a chance to repair and regrow.

10. Horselove4ever9

Horselove4ever9 Senior Member

Another thing I've heard is that vaseline helps eyelashes grow. Just apply a thing layer with a q-tip and leave it on over night. I guess it helps condition your eyelashes since things like mascara and other products dry them out and make them brittle. Anyways since it conditions them it helps them grow to their full potential.