My boyfriend has Mono:(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HorseCraza, May 27, 2005.

1. HorseCraza

HorseCraza Senior Member

It's summer break and he has MONO! Out of all things.. MONO! I have never had mono before or know anyone who has. So i really don't know how long it will last, i just hope he feels better. His neck is swollen like 5times the normal size, if you touch him he is just burning up, i really feel sorry for him. But this means i can't KISS HIM for like 3months, right? AHHH how am i going to live? :bawling: Does anyone know how long mono lasts or know anything that might make me feel a lil better..hehe

2. reinerdude22

reinerdude22 Senior Member+

umm i would get checked urself, and mono isnt only passed thru kissing, its as easy to get as a cold

3. Huntseat123

Huntseat123 Senior Member

LOL, have fun controlling your mormones for 3 months, prolly longer.

Acctually, Caleb is wrong. My sister and my best freind have both had mono. The only way its passed is through salivia.

EDIT: LOL i mean HORmones!

Last edited: May 28, 2005
    Elia likes this.
  4. PaintedRocket

PaintedRocket Senior Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. I second getting checked also. It isn't restricted to kissing though. You can get it from sharing a coke can, sharing a lollipop..anything where you share saliva with someone..of if someone sneezes on you.. like a cold.. It can last for 3mo and maybe just a few weeks. There was a girl I went to midd school with and she got it ALL the time, but she was a .. well a kisser, lol. I'll just say that.

Elia and Huntseat123 like this.
  5. HorseCraza

HorseCraza Senior Member

Thing is i haven't seen him in 2weeks, he just got mono day before Yesturday. He came out to the house tonight to pick up his PS2 since he wont be working for a couple days. Mono can only be transmitted thru saliva or mucus(sp) so i only gave him a hug and kissed him on his shoulder. So i really don't think i would of gotten it.

6. kashmirjumper

kashmirjumper Senior Member+

My boyfriend last year got Mono. We broke up. He didn't get over it for about 4 or 5 months. It can last forever. lol

7. HorseCraza

HorseCraza Senior Member

forever? omg heartattack time

8. kashmirjumper

kashmirjumper Senior Member+

Not really forever. Just...a long time. Don't loose it. lol

9. reinerdude22

reinerdude22 Senior Member+

the same ways as a cold, if he coughed or sneezed and didnt wash his hands or touched his clothing (or his shoulder) after he sneezed u can very easily have contracted it. Also symptons appear 4-7 weeks after infection so it is VERY likely u could have contracted it.

10. HorseCraza

HorseCraza Senior Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....... I don't want Mono, all i wanna do is go over to my babys house and take care of him. I think i may do that.