1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured My 2017-2018 breeding thread

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by endurgirl, Mar 6, 2017.

1. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I don't even have my 2017 foal born yet, but Chloe is being bred again. I have a sort of relative thread on this, but this one will be the official one.

A little history, I won a breeding at a benefit auction to Copy Cat. Copy Cat is a clone of High Brow Cat. CC is unshown, but is broke to ride, he's unshown because he's worth more as a breeding stallion than a competition horse.

To start my 2017 breeding journey, I was put in contact with a guy in Ocala Florida who does the mare care and foaling out for some friends, he also works in conjunction with a very good repro vet. I took Chloe to Florida February 26th, she was checked the following day but was in her transitional heat. I got a phone call this morning saying she'd been checked and the semen has been ordered, Chloe will be bred tomorrow!!!!!!:cooldance::cooldance::loveflag::loveflag::woot::willynilly::willynilly:.

I could barely finish my work, I was so excited!!! This will be an embryo transfer also, as I have plans for me and the trainer to show Chloe this year. She won $800 the day before I took her to Florida, so I'm not putting her out of commission yet.;)

So here's to a Copy Cat x Freckles Dual Play baby, coming 2018 if all goes well!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

I am so excited to follow every tiny step of this process and live vicariously through you :p

SO EXCITING!

3. Triple E

Triple E Full Member

Oh my goodness!!! I am so excited for you! I have been super curious about Copy Cat and can't wait to see how your foal is going to turn out.

4. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Chloe was inseminated yesterday, ovulated today, and will be flushed next Wednesday!!!!! :applaud::applaud::woot:

kodemiester, Arem, froglander and 7 others like this.
  5. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

This is so exciting! I can't wait to see how the foal turns out!

6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Sad update. There was no embryo to flush today. :cry:. They will short cycle Chloe and try again. The vet, who I REALLY like because he is so honest, just called after texting me there was no embryo. He said "I was worried about it initially because the semen was sub- marginal" I asked him did he tell the breeder in Texas, he said "no, they don't like being told what to do in Texas, but I kept notes on it that I'll share with them if this next shipment is subpar". He also told me to not send in a deposit on the recip until he gets an embryo.

On top of my mom is in the hospital having a heart Cath right now, signs pointing to a myocardial infarction prior to the Cath, so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.:(:(

7. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

Sending you hugs for everything and jingles for your mom and next breeding attempt!!

endurgirl likes this.
  8. froglander

froglander Senior Member

:(

Here's hoping things take a turn for the better!

endurgirl likes this.
  9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope all goes well for her.

Did the vet mention was it low motility or a low sperm count? They use Intracytoplasmic sperm injection for the HBC breedings as he has fertility issues... Interesting.

10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

@Kristal H , I just asked the vet, awaiting a response. That is an interesting connection!!

If this round does not take, I won't try a third time. I will, however, show my tail until the stallion owner will make it right. :p