Must Take Items to shows?

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by TNTrailRider35, Mar 5, 2017.

1. TNTrailRider35

TNTrailRider35 Registered

As I'm thinking of upcoming local shows with my horse (western pleasure,halter,competitve trails,ranch horse shows) as well as trail riding. I'm thinking of making a list (because I'm a need a list for everything type of person) for everything I need in my trailer or truck to take to shows. What are some things you usually wouldn't think to bring to shows? Last minute problems you've encountered at shows and what you used to fix them? I know all the usual bring chairs, hay, all tack etc. but is there anything unusual that you bring that others wouldn't think to bring? Looking to avoid not having something during a mishap away from home.

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

If you want there's already show forms done up for checking off that you can print out. I suggest two actually, one before and then the other to ck off as you leave so you don't forget anything and leave it behind. Check Google or someone here can link you, I can't on my phone.

Exciting isn't it-!! :)

3. LaceyInJuneau

LaceyInJuneau Full Member

Extra bridle, extra girth, extra stirrups & stirrup leathers, extra lead rope. (These are from experience hah)

Things that you should have on hand + keep extras of:
    Duct tape, scissors, rubberbands, baby wipes, toothbrush, first aid kit -horse and human, garbage bags, bailing twine.

I'm sure there is more, I have not shown in quite awhile but all of the above have been needed by me or those around me.

RelaxMax likes this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Excellent suggestions. I didn't realize you meant the unexpected things. I can't think of anything to add right now-!!

5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I have a long show equipment list. I can't remember everything on it since it is lengthy, but here are a few I can think of off the top of my head:
    Electrical tape, towels/rags, disposable gloves, cotton, zip ties, extra buckets, fly spray, sand paper, hair dryer.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Baby wipes are invaluable. Use them on you, snotty horse nose, etc

Extra halter and lead always.

I like to have a clipboard for the show bill.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    RelaxMax and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Oh baby wipes... great idea. I'll have to add that to my list.

ChestersMomma likes this.
  8. TNTrailRider35

TNTrailRider35 Registered

What is the sand paper for?

9. ChestersMomma

When I know it's gonna be a hot show, I'll throw a pack in the fridge over night and keep them in my cooler. Just wiping off your neck and face with a cool wipe is so refreshing!!

NBChoice likes this.
  10. ChestersMomma

I'm assuming hooves. If you sand them lightly first, the polish looks nicer.

VermilionStrife likes this.