Murphy's Laws of Horse Care

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by slc, Jul 2, 2018.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

Please feel free to add:
    1. Your horse will injure itself 30 seconds after the nearest vet practice switches to emergency rates
    2. When the vet arrives, your horse will suddenly be perfectly well, unlame and non-feverish, and your horse and the vet will stand there staring at you like, 'Why'd you call that guy?'
    3. The vet's handwritten instructions will look like they were written in the same hieroglyphics used on King Tutenkhamun's tomb
    4. When you bandage your horse's leg, it will look like a mummy from King Tutenkhamun's tomb
    5. The vet will have great luck applying the salve or getting the horse to swallow the pills or solution. You will not. Welcome to your twice a day hell for the next ten days
    6. Whatever is in your first aid kit, it will be for something else other than what your horse has
    7. Your neighbors will all be sure the vet misdiagnosed your horse and you need to use their home-made concoction instead
    8. Your horse will take a very dim view of the idea that he should rest, keep quiet and not reinjure himself.

ginster, manesntails, Ziast and 2 others like this.
  2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Your horse will start to show worrying symptoms at exactly 5:01pm on a Friday.
    You look really nice in that dress you decided to wear to your cousin's wedding. It would be such a shame if you had to chase something in it.

3. palogal

palogal Senior Member

The more horses you wash, the sooner it will rain.

4. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Your neighbor's no name backyard horse can survive a zombie apocalypse, while your expensive purebred show horse will die from a paper cut.

5. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

Oh this is so true. We watched in horror as he took his sweet time completely destroying his bath from the day before. IMG_2701.jpg

Baboo, Larkspade, ginster and 4 others like this.
  6. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You made my day. Way to true!!!!

manesntails and slc like this.
  7. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Full Member

YES! This is me everytime and I have a wide variety of stuff.

So true. I had two cheap, grade mares and they never went lame or got injured and now I have a more expensive purebred and he has been hurt/lame twice in less than a year...

manesntails and slc like this.
  8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Tell the Vet, or, anyone else, for that matter, that your horse is good at something, doesn't give you a problem with something, and that horse will make you out to be a liar, every time~!! :ROFLMAO:

Tige Ress, palogal, Larkspade and 2 others like this.
  9. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Perfect!

Along these lines, the least useful/serviceable horse in your lesson program will never have take a lame step, while Old Faithful will turn up sore if someone sneezes in her/his general vicinity.

manesntails, slc and GONE ROPING like this.
  10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I have a well bred retired racehorse and a muttley pony of unknown origins.

Pony can survive the apocalypse. Racehorse managed to get severly injured from a stick. That he stepped on.