MTG on dogs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dancers Mom, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Dancers Mom

Dancers Mom Senior Member+

I have a friend whose dog was hit by a car, injured pretty badly but will be ok. She snuck out the garage when they were working on the yard.

She has scraped all the fur off her back legs and after the stitches come out it looks like she may not grow hair back, based on the extent of the scrape. Can you put MTG on dogs or is it not a good idea as they may lick it?

2. kierababy

kierababy Banned

Get a e-collar and they cant lick, if they decide to use the mtg

3. spyro1

spyro1 Senior Member+

You can use MTG on dogs and it's actually labeled for them as well. I have a few customers who swear by it for mange as well. (It's sulfer based) We have brochures at work that show an injury on a dog before treatment and after. Looks like it works wonders. I've never personally had to use it on a dog, but would be my first choice if I ever have to. :D

4. Dancers Mom

Thank you! I thought so and horses can also lick it in certain spots! Lord her dog is going to stick like burnt bacon! I have a large bottle at the barn and am going to take her some to use.

5. spyro1

spyro1 Senior Member+

True that, it does stink to high heaven. My grandma used to tell me that the stinkier the medicine, the better it worked:D LOL....I do miss her!!
    Remind your friend though, that the MTG is really greasy, so if this is an indoor dog, she may want to put sheets or something on her furniture.;)

6. Dancers Mom

Good idea, she is an indoor dog!