Monoflap in the hunt ring?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Jockey Life, Aug 24, 2018.

?

Monoflap Saddle in hunt ring?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

I personally think that the saddle is cheaply made but I really don’t get the two strap thing. I would just get a normal huntseat saddle for hunter/jumper but that’s just my personal opinion.

2. txgray

txgray Senior Member

This is definitely a very cheaply made, poor quality saddle, and it isn't even a monoflap. Monoflap = ONE flap. This is just a dual flap with two girthing options (which is dumb, at best).

I love my monoflap, and strongly disagree with whoever said that they're pointless for jumping saddles. I love the very close contact feel and lighter weight of mine, and no I do not have to dismount to tighten the girth.

That said, I would not touch this saddle with a 10' pole.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  3. SunnyCideBay

SunnyCideBay Registered

It also doesn't look very safe. I say this because the stitching is wavy. WTH!

4. draftmare

draftmare Full Member

I would say that saddle is questionable at best, and dangerous at worse. As many have said you would be better off getting a high quality used saddle vs a low quality new saddle.

5. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

6. 250girl

250girl Senior Member

I highly prefer the exceptionally close contact feel of a Monoflap. For jumping , for flat schooling , for trail riding .... doesn’t matter , I love it.

And I’m also entirely capable of tightening it from the horses back. Just need to get your horse used to you really leaning down and teach them to reliably stand for it .

However this saddle is cheap junk and I truly hope you don’t put it on a horse !