Monica Thors. Stop this woman.

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by AvidEquestrian, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

I could feel OK about supervised contact only, so long as she is held to it 100%. If you give her the benefit of the doubt, she genuinely loves animals but has a terrible delusion where she hurts them trying to help them. I'd be OK with letting someone afflicted like that continue to be around animals as a source of comfort and happiness, just in a controlled way where she couldn't hurt any of them.

2. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Not me....and I don't buy the "genuinely loves animals"....you don't do this to horses. Any TRUE horseperson knows that.

Alpha App and ChestersMomma like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Anyone who is sane, yes.
    If she is mentally ill, she might genuinely believe that she did all in her power to help the horses.
    But if she really believes that, she shouldn´t ever handle animals again, supervised or not. How pheasable is that, anyway? 100 % supervision? How will anyone be able to see this through?

4. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Because animals are not necessary for survival, I would say keep her away from them whether she thinks she was doing good or not. She is not safe around them - that we know. If she can't discern the fact that chopping their feet to bits is bad, she just doesn't have the judgement to be around them. They aren't her kids- supervised visitation isn't something I would consider unless she is wanting to attend a horse show or something.

CoffeeBean and ginster like this.
  5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Wait, so... in your world, someone who shoots up a church or a concert is a poor mentally ill person failed by the system. “It isn’t their fault!” But a woman who, over time, intentionally causes harm to her horses, does not have a mental illness?

Your logic is... unexplainable.

GotaDunQH likes this.
  6. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

This post was started in 2014, but brought back to life. I agree....there is some sort of MI going on here. It's almost like Munchausen by Proxy.

ginster and Arem like this.
  7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I know. I was following from the beginning. :)
    slc’s post I quoted was from today.

GotaDunQH likes this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

Just as you so often love to do, you attempt to read my mind and then when you can't, you pretend you know what I'm thinking anyway. It's so boring, Arem. Maybe your little friends egg you on, and that's adequate compensation for you?

By oversimplifying to an irrational degree, what I said at some point, or taking something to an irrational conclusion, or by assuming that if I say X, i must mean A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X and Y also.

Yours is what is referred to as a fallacy of logic. Or more accurately, a total failure of logic, lol. You want to indulge in these big-girl name calling contests, and I know why, and the trouble is, I'm disinterested, because it's boring and childish.

Obviously, I have enough intelligence to realize that some people who wave guns around and shoot people are simply drunk or irritable or criminals robbing cash boxes.

But I also realize that not all of them are. When it comes to irrational mass shootings, MOST of them are severely mentally ill.

Certainly, many are not diagnosed, or their mental illness is hidden from the public for decades(like with the Una-bomber), but irrational things are, yes, in fact, generally done by irrational people. What causes people to be irrational? Well, blind stupidity, obviously, but also, mental illness, drugs, extremist beliefs, many things.

When someone has a brain disease called schizophrenia or related illnesses, has no medication, is too sick to REALIZE he's sick, too sick to accept treatment, yes, actually, they can get to the point where they are not in control of their own behavior.

No, actually, schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders are not 'choices' or 'lifestyles' or due to 'weak character' and anyone who thinks so is just plain stubbornly and persistently ignorant in the face of mountains of evidence disproving such silly ideas.

And typically, when a person is that ill, they do things that so blatantly fit into the pattern of others who came before them with the same problem, that it takes real blind stupidity or some REALLY fanatical beliefs, or some other cause of irrational thinking, to deny that they are. And yes, after a lifetime of dealing with such people, yes, in fact, it's pretty obvious to people with adequate experience.

This lady? There wasn't any indication of severe mental illness. So as yet, I have no reason to believe she has a mental illness. It may seem that she does, when I hear more about her. At this point I have no reason to think she is severely mentally ill to the point where her rational thinking is extremely impaired, her reality testing is impaired.

Now, one of my folks was an alcoholic and severely mentally ill. Also had been sexually abused as a kid. He was a mess severely psychotic, angry and sometimes he'd get drunk and get even worse than usual. And he hit his dog.

Now, I don't like that he hit his dog, so don't get started on that. And I would be the first person to say he should never have a dog again, because the possibility exists that he could forget his medication, or lose his medical benefits and not be able to afford it, or simply, the medication might stop working. Relapses can in fact happen for no discernible reason in people as ill as him. And he realizes that, and does not have a dog.

I am also intelligent enough to see that when he's rational (on adequate medication) he can just see a dog walking down the street, and his eyes fill up with tears and he sits down and cries, so I ALSO realize that when he's in his right mind, he regrets deeply what he did. So yes, he is an animal abuser, but unlike others, there is actually a treatment that works in his case, and when he's in his right mind, he's not an animal abuser.

So not all animal abuse is really quite the same. So. I hate all of it, all of it should be prosecuted to the hilt, but I might feel differently, opinion-wise, toward the individual, depending on WHY the animals were abused. That 'differently disposed' doesn't mean the person isn't an abuser or should not be prosecuted, don't even pretend i suggested such a thing.

The guy with dementia who didn't take care of his 90 ponies? I wanted those ponies all out of there right away (though Animal Control would do nothing and the only real option was to get everyone we knew to go down there and buy a pony), didn't despise him until after I learned that he had ALWAYS neglected the ponies, for years BEFORE he had dementia.....

but HOW I FELT TOWARDS HIM HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE FOR THOSE ANIMALS. I can feel VERY sorry for someone, AND STILL help animal control truck their animals away WHILE I feel sorry for them!

And yes, in fact, I do at least have half a brain, so I can actually feel sorry for someone, feel sympathetic to their plight even, analyze and understand how they got there, RIGHT AS Animal Control rolls in and removes their animals.

The same goes for the addict mother. It's a shame that she's mentally ill and addicted and was abused as a kid and all that, and I WILL be willing to help her, but her kids STILL need to go to foster care or their granny's or SOMEWHERE - until - if ever - she is ready to care for them. I can feel sorry for her and STILL recognize how badly she has damaged those kids, I can hate that those kids are damaged, and neglected, and I can STILL pick up the phone, call CPS, and tell them those kids are at my door every day begging for milk because their mamma used all the money to buy junk again this week.

And when it comes to horses, well, I see people doing things with horses just about every DAY, that make me sick, that I can't stand. Leaving them standing in knee deep manure and mud, not feeding them, not getting them any exercise, denying them medical care when they desperately need it, taking them to shows and clinics when they're lame or completely unfit, riding them at shows and then getting mad and taking it out on the horse.....the list goes on.

Further, here are plenty of people who lop off horse's feet til they are bloody, stick ginger in their rears, tie their heads to their chests, or to the ceiling, for 24 hours, run them into walls, deprive them of water to make them 'quiet' at shows, inject alcohol into their tails to make them look 'quiet' at shows, yank on their mouths, stick barb wire or bicycle chain in their mouths, drag them from pick up trucks, become disinterested in feeding or cleaning up after them, and in most cases, not one of them do so because of a major mental illness that utterly impairs their judgement or testing of reality. They do it because it's tradition, or they don't know any better or because they 'have a problem controlling their temper' or whatever. Not because of a major mental illness.

9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I didn’t read past the first few lines. The narcassism is strong with this one.

Your logic is flawed. You talk out of... the wrong end.... Nothing new.