Miss Mares First Show

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by ibsammy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I do.
    I'll say hello if I see you at a show!

2. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Do you know any good saddleseat trainers? I saw some near Kansas City. Ill likely start her and have them finish her, but Id like to be in communication with them and see what foundation they want her to have.

3. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Yes!
    My trainer is in KC and trains Morgans. She's wonderful.
    Clanton Performance Horses is in Peculiar, MO. I don't know anyone there, but their horses are always nicely trained and turned out. They do Arabians.
    Touchstone Farm is in Pleasant Hill, MO. I have known those trainers for years and had a horse in training with them for a few months. They do a nice job.
    LaMont Stable is in Derby. I know a few really nice people there.
    I don't personally know anyone at Wichita Riding Academy, but I spoke with the trainer about a horse a few years ago and she was nice. I assume Wichita and Derby are closer to where you live than KC?
    I used to take lessons at Peeper Ranch in KC. They do mostly Morgans.
    All of these stables go to the same shows that I do so I have had some sort of interaction with them.
    There are a few other great barns in the KC area. Let me know if you need some more recommendations.

(PS-sorry to derail your thread! You and your mare looked great!!)

4. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Awesome, thanks! Wichita is about 2 hours, KC is 2.5 so depending on what side of each town they're about the same distance. Living in Southeast Kansas I've come to terms with the fact everything is far :/. Wichita Riding Academy had a couple students at the show I went to, but I don't think I heard the other names. This is really helpful.

NBChoice likes this.
  5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Not a problem! Let me know if you need anything else! :)

6. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Congrats! Looks like a successful show for you guys. :) Exceeded expectations.

7. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Thanks! It was a great weekend. My entire body hurts, I walked almost 30,000 steps each day and Im pooped :p

VermilionStrife likes this.
  8. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

That's a typical horse show for ya! Lol when you have 10k steps before 9 am.

ibsammy likes this.
  9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Congrats!! Looks like you had fun! As far as her mane goes...I wouldn't thin it but I would trim it shorter after your band it. It should be short like in the pic below. (Pic is a mare I leased for a year after I retired Sidney and before I bought Roger.)
    Jenjog2.jpg