minis and "the killer"

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by reicheru, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormyheart6160

Stormyheart6160 Senior Member

As I've stated in the past, if those are the only two options for that animal, then I'd have to agree.

2. 4hooves4me2

4hooves4me2 Senior Member

WOW- must you REALLY bring up things you know nothing about? I WAS THERE. I went over and helped her move the horses, stayed almost a week with her and I know first hand what went on there. 'ALL' those horses were not put down. Two were. After re-evaluating their issues they felt it was best. One, a blindy that didn't handle being moved from his pen he was familiar with had to be put down. Not a surprise. sometimes blindys do well with relocating, sometimes they don't. I have had several in here. The other was an old injury that made him not able to be put in with a lot of animals for fear of being injured again. ALL the horses we rehomed were fat and sassy as they could be. In good health, no open wounds, happy, I can tell you this. Their was food and hay for those horses. In her house, there was nothing for Shelly. She was buying the horses what they needed and getting by as little as she could for herself. If you really think hard times can't be had by all-be careful, karma is a mofo. WHY get so nasty? It is fine to dispute and have varying opinions, but WHY bring up things you obviously don't know anything about? OH, and that 41 year old pony-he is beautiful and healthy. I had the hardest time figuring out how in the green grass (*&^'s he was that old and looked so good lol!! Have a great day all, and just be kind to one another-it isn't so very hard! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  3. Stormyheart6160

Awww, Thanks Tammy. It's nice to know that those horses got good homes, rather than shipped off to slaughter. Some people just have a personal vendetta against me here because of my stance on the horse slaughter issue. They like to twist and distort things to suit their own personal agenda. Wanna make me out to look as bad as they possibly can. I think their Jealous due to the fact that I have friends who will help when help is needed, and they don't??? Or, maybe they are so jealous they WANT to see me fail the horses??? Either way...it's THEIR problem. NOT MINE!:cutekiss:

1 person likes this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I didn't say she put down "ALL of her horses." I said she put down "all those horses". It was a number of them. Read for context.

She also wanted to put down a PONY who had lived to be 41yrs old. I thought that was WAY OVER THE TOP. That really ticked me off that a pretty healthy guy who lived that long was too much to take care of and a person, any person would even THINK to put him down.........what does it take to care for a pony that small? Not much feed.

So, when you took in way too many horses and over stress your budget to the point of becoming a hoarder, then post this: [​IMG] Originally Posted by Stormyheart6160 [​IMG]
    I've answered that question a 1000 times, but I'll make it a 1001 just for you. EVERY horse has an owner...let that owner take care of their own, just like the rest of us have to!

It logically follows that since Stormy didn't 'take care of her own' but instead begged others to come to her rescue, she shouldn't be preaching that others should take care of thier own. People lose jobs, SHE should KNOW that, since it happened to HER. She thinks that people, other than herself, don't get in her position. She REPEATEDLY, and today on another thread said the exact same: that people don't not HAVE the funds so much as just don't care about the horses and let them starve. This is not true in most cases and if there were auctions and slaughter facilities near by it would be easy to get someone to take them to the auction so they WOULD either have food through the opportunity of someone buying them, or they'd go to slaughter fat and happy.

She had to call clear out to the EAST Coast to get someone to come 'rescue' her 'rescue'. That's just the facts she put out. If you don't take more than you can handle, don't put aside money so if you do lose your job you can handle it, then it's pretty hypocritical to chastise others for what happened, not that long ago, to you.

5. Stormyheart6160

WOW!!! You better get yourself to the doctor as soon as possible Manes, your L~00000G memory is fading fast!

I did NOT, nor would let them put Scooter down!!!!!!!!!!
    Stormyheart6160
    [​IMG]
    Senior Member+[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]Join DateAug 2006LocationSomewhere peacefulPosts8,174Blog Entries1

[​IMG] Originally Posted by manesntails [​IMG]
    Stormy, I tried to talk my hubby into the 45yo. Heck, I have 5 cats all born with level 2-4 heart murmurs. That's no big deal. I would love to have him and Millie would love to have a nice old horse for a pasturemate. I had to put down her Percheron mare Laverne, two years ago this coming Jan. But hubs won't let me go all the way up there to get him.

:bawling: Poor Scootie....everyone either wants to take him, but someone else is stopping them, or everyone is afraid to take him because of his age, and now known heart murmur.:(

I just can't let those two get put down....I can't do it. I CAN accept it for Sam and Buggar....Sam doesn't do well with that leg in the winter time, and Buggar probably wouldn't survive the surgery to remove his eye, being that he's at least 30 years old. I can accept it for those two. Not saying I like it, but I can accept it. But, not Scooter and Star!!!!​

ETA: I also find it very telling about your character as a friend...considering you PRETENDED to be a friend at the time, because you wanted Scooter, and he was FREE....only to take all that happened back then, and twist and distort it to suit yourself, and make me look like the bad guy. VERY TELLING about how you REALLY are to people who 'think' you may have been a friend.
    :no: I sincerely hope you don't do that to people often....you'll give yourself a bad reputation to people as someone who can't be trusted or to speak the truth about something. OOPS! Too late!

6. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Please take personal discussions to PM. No one here in their right mind wants to read a rehash of old beef.

3 people like this.
  7. Stormyheart6160

I take no issue with that ChestersMomma...I've even invited her to my personal fb page so we CAN hash it out, once and for all. BUT....you might want to advise Manes of this also, since she is the one who keeps REPEATEDLY bringing it up in EVERY thread I've posted in, in the last week or so. smh Might wanna follow her around and watch her posts also, instead of just mine?

8. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Stormy please. The post was not addressed to you alone. And manes is quite literate and intelligent. I'm sure she read the post and understands it without me addressing her and you individually. This thread was derailed by the two of you in equal parts and it will end here.

9. JES58

JES58 Registered

Stormy, thank you for not backing down, there is nothing good about slaughtering horses, once people get tired of them or can't make money off of them they don't care. I've rescued 5 horses in the past year and they are great horses. I'm with you, take responsibility for your animals. If you feed your kids, feed your animals. I quit being on this forum because it seems to be a bully forum. No place in my life for that, it brought me here again because a question I asked, I won't get the right answer here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.