minis and "the killer"

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by reicheru, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GooseIsLoose

GooseIsLoose Full Member

Slaughter is still legal in the United States except for Texas, Illinois and California.

5 people like this.
  2. Stormyheart6160

Stormyheart6160 Senior Member

I've answered that question a 1000 times, but I'll make it a 1001 just for you. EVERY horse has an owner...let that owner take care of their own, just like the rest of us have to!

3. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

And when you drive from here to Lexington or Louisville you see skinny straving horses. Same thing with West Virginia and Florida and just about every state in the US! We tried your idea and yet horses still go hungry, and morons who are poor, and don't get what owning a horse takes buy it for 25$ to a 100$. In these years more ''rescues'' who aren't rescues. I left the horse world in 2007 to a okay world, and came back in 2010 to something I did not recognize, and I put the blame where it belongs.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

See, the stuff Stormy believes, this is the crape that they peddle on those Anti-Slaughter web pages.

Some people believe that crape.

Nobody's hauling minis and foals to Slaughter in Mexico or Canada because the slaughter plant won't buy them: not enough MEAT on the bones TO BE PROFITABLE.

Period. End of Story.

4 people like this.
  5. manesntails

Oh wait, only read page one when I posted above, then noticed this quote below.

You mean like when you, Stormyheart, had that Rescue PUT DOWN all those horses, OF YOURS (few years back now, you know, when you were going to put down that HEALTHY 41yr old pony) you know, the ones who the "Rescue" didn't want because .............THEIR OWNER couldn't pay to feed them anymore?

Not your dime to put them down, you had the Rescue pay for it. You talking about stuff like that when you say: The owner.
    Don't remember YOU PAYING a dime. Had someone else put up money on that deal.
    Slippery slope and we have L~00000ng memories.

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Stormyheart6160 [​IMG]
    I've answered that question a 1000 times, but I'll make it a 1001 just for you. EVERY horse has an owner...let that owner take care of their own, just like the rest of us have to!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    2 people like this.
  6. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

That's what I was thinking, Manes... why buy a pygmy goat to eat when there is a perfectly fine Boer right next to it. From the picture, it looked like there was a lot of dwarfs in that group. Its sad all the way around... mostly for those ponies.

2 people like this.
  7. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

That is the best way to word it why they aren't.

8. Stormyheart6160

Stormyheart6160 Senior Member

Hmmmm....appears as if your memory isn't that L~OOOng. You might wanna go back and read the posts on that pony JUST one more time?

There isn't a dang thing wrong in asking for help, when help is needed. So, you just go right ahead with your slams, and inaccurate accusations. At least I asked for help, and at least my horses got homes, rather than just shipped off to slaughter as a solution. Too many wanna take the easy way out.....it's too embarassing to some of you to ask for help....too much pride......too much of whatever ails you. I wouldn't change a single thing I did back then.....not one!

BTW...that pony you speak of...the same one YOU couldn't afford to have sent down to your place....he's still here. He's still upright. He's still fat and healthy, but is slower than a turtle. Ahhh, but wait....it wasn't ok for me to ask for help in rehoming some of my horses, because I couldn't afford to take care of all of them anymore, but it was ok for YOU to ask for help getting him to your place, because you couldn't afford the expense????? OK!

9. manesntails

10. GooseIsLoose

GooseIsLoose Full Member

I think comparing someone asking for help to transport, to someone shoving "owner responsibility" down someones throat while their costs are covered is like comparing a grocery store being out of milk to mini-kabobs.

manesntails and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.