minis and "the killer"

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by reicheru, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

Personally, I call BS and did buuuuut...Poking around FB I stumble across this ad basically saying KB has all these minis blah blah blah. You get the picture. Is it just me or does it smell scamtastic to anyone else? I don't see minis being worth the fuel for a KB to haul... even if packed in with fat full sized horses. I'm leaning towards a dealer calling themselves a KB to work over all the bleed I g hearts to get the most money possible. Am I correct in my thinking that this doesn't make sense for a KB to buy/ship minis?

2. Pacing Lady

Pacing Lady Senior Member

Well on one hand, people cant really say too much about Minis being shipped in a double deck trailer, and I do see them free and cheap all the time. But, I see so many scams, rescues, and sellers using the slaughter tactic I find it hard to take them seriously. Recently, I've noticed KBs making a killing from rescues and the ignorant public off horses who are destined for slaughter.

2 people like this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

If a kill buyer has minis he has them to SELL, not to ship to slaughter.

6 people like this.
  4. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

He is just selling them he could be a KB as well, but many are also horse traders.

1 person likes this.
  5. Stormyheart6160

Stormyheart6160 Senior Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad news to any 'non-believers', but YES, they DO ship mini horses to slaughter! They go everyday. Along with ponies, and foals 6 mos old and older. Those KB's have a contract that states a certain weight to be delivered....mini's, foals and ponies make up that extra 100lbs or so that they need to make their contracts. They can be over the contracted weight, but cannot be under! Go to any feedlot, or ask any KB.....I know a KB who gets them regularly and ships them out. He'll also sell them to individuals if he thinks he can get more money for them, but will also sell the other horses to individuals also.

2 people like this.
  6. Charliemyheart

Stormy all you have to is walk up to him and say I will give you 200$ for the horse he just paid 160$. Is that so hard? Maybe if instead of type portraying auctions as **** on earth, and KBs as devils maybe taking some of that fire to teach people that kill buyers aren't monsters, and auctions are a good place to buy a good horse? You know what one Thoroughbred race horse trainer told me ''I will sell you any horse who is not winning, but DO NOT STICK THE SAVE THE PONIES CRAZIES ON ME''. More people going buying and retraining auction horses for profit will make more of a difference than any rescue. Not truth be told I would rather see my heart horse slaughtered then left to starve in a field, or end up in some of these rescues that have popped up. I might be odd one the though I grew up as a horse person in the auction culture idolized those horse traders because doing, so meant I got to ride any horse they were selling.
    Honestly if the market wasn't tanked that is what I would be doing flipping horses, but since your type go rid of what kept the market up the rest are left to pick up the pieces. What upsets me more is when horses are going for 25$ and to people who don't know nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    3 people like this.
  7. Stormyheart6160

Are you just looking for an argument with me?? I never said a word in my post about ANY of the things you're chewing on me about now! Unless you're referring to things I've stated in the past???? But not mentioned in my above post! I STAND on my statements made in the past, if you want to go there?? I commented on whether or not mini's go to slaughter, and the answer to that is YES THEY DO!

I DON'T have any respect for Kill Buyers, or Auction House owners. They are in a business that is CRUEL, and UNCARING! And, for me to think it's ok to ride 'any horse they were selling', before it went to slaughter......well, I can't even think of anything nice to say about that, so won't say anything I guess.

3 people like this.
  8. GooseIsLoose

GooseIsLoose Full Member

Stormy, sorry, but having been in the business for years I can assure you that you do not know what you are talking about. With the amount of horses out there no one is having trouble making their loads. Please, feel free to pick up the phone and call some slaughter houses yourself. Ask them if they are taking mini's...they could use the chuckle.

5 people like this.
  9. Charliemyheart

But it is a business, and no stormy the horses I rode didn't go to slaughter unless you count the rent a horse barn owner with more horses buried on his back 40 than walking around. They weren't slaughter bound because is it profitable to ship a horse to slaughter from central Florida? The answer is no. So stormy if were to never slaughter a horse again whose gonna feed the ones people normally would? People would have to keep that horse forever? What you bash me on was the reason my horse got good hay. I got paid to do it, and then I would take that money go over to the hay truck and buy hay. I have no bad feelings about what I did, nor will I ever.

2 people like this.
  10. Stormyheart6160

Are you serious??? Holy cow....horse meat is horse meat...KB's and slaughter plants alike could careless if it's a full size horse, or a mini, a pregnant mare, or a foal.

Since you've been in the 'business for years'....just exactly how many HORSE slaughter plants have you worked in? YOU make the calls to find out if they take mini's or not. I already did a few years ago, and don't need to make that call again.

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.