Midwest Horse Fair

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Sempiternal, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Awesome photos!!!

What kinda awesome deals did you come away with this year???

2. Suzanneszoo

Suzanneszoo Senior Member

I only got a fly mask and two small hole hay bags this year; I wasn't up to hiking all over the grounds this year. But my boys (hubby, son, and son's best friend) had a blast. I've got to hook up with the people and take my little Fjord there next year. She would love all the attention.

Sempiternal likes this.
  3. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

@Rhythm 'n Blues I really didn't get that much. The tack sale was apparently wall to wall people on Friday (I know some people who walked away with some good deals). I did pick up a pair of brand new Mountain Horse Sportive High Rider boots (I think they've been discontinued) for $150. No tags, but pretty obvious at most someone only tried them on.

Otherwise, I bought treat, feed from Ron at Spirit Plus (got a discount for buying the weekend of the fair and he gave me a sample of their chaff hay), a muck bucket cart...I think there may have been a couple other small things. Nothing too exciting.

I did stop by your buddies at the booth and teased them about "scaring" you off. :p They apparently got the same hotel as last year, so maybe good you didn't go (plus the extra brownie points from the husband).

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Hahaha yes - that hotel was not some place I wanted to stay again. One weekend was enough for sure. Lol

Sounds like I didn't miss too many deals - nothing super exciting anyways. I did think of ya all weekend!

5. starrunner

starrunner Senior Member

Sempiternal--totally didn't put it together that you were on that horse. :)

I had a horse in the demo prior to you in that arena...I always find that arena is a little more terrifying to the horses in the holding area as it can be quite loud and it is very condensed/congested with horses coming out and then trying to go in. I think it would be better if there were separate enter/exit more like the Coliseum...

I survived. More stupid people, that's all I can say. Loose stallions are always entertaining. One stallion that reared up and struck someone. Always drama, LOL. I want a drama fee expo. ;)

I think I bought Ulcergard and that was really my exciting purchase...

6. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

:D We didn't warm up too much prior to the demo in the pavilion (thinking she'd be tired). A Thoroughbred tired? Is there such a thing? I totally agree about needing two ways in/out of that arena. They could easily do one on each end.

We'll have to meet up next year! Not sure I'll bring a horse again, but maybe.

Luckily, I happened to miss all of that drama. Is that what the ambulance was called for? I heard something about the Dutch Harness Horses getting out of hand.... Probably a good thing I only meandered through the stallion barn once during the whole weekend. I don't think it's ever going to be drama free, and the chances go down the larger it gets. Some people were asking for it to be four days long!