Meet Delta's little brother

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rainbowaholic, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Cute-!! Congratulations.

2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Awww, what a sweet snuggie baby. I'm just sitting here wondering what kind of pos human would tape an animals mouth shut. Glad he found you so he can have a good home and be treated right.

D_BaldStockings likes this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Very adorable. Easy test for deafness- have him alone in room, no other dogs, have someone standing behind him clap their hands or make some loud noise and you will see if he reacts . Hope he isn't, cuz harder to handle. You guys are the nice people.

ginster likes this.
  4. ChiseKoji

ChiseKoji Registered

Omgoodness that face :heartbeat:. So glad you guys saved him, what a lucky pup.

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Definitely an American Bulldog. They're happy dogs that take to training very well. Expose her to lots of people during puppyhood.

I had one just like her that someone abandoned in a park when it was three weeks old because it had one eye that never developed. The eye was the size of a pea and never grew. She had strangles as well and survived it~!! Vet didn't say she would probably die, just to take her home and give her the meds.

I called for an appointment when she got to be eight weeks, for shots, and the girl goes: “ Lily's STILL ALIVE~?!!“

“Well, yeah. Otherwise she wouldn't need shots“ :p

Best dog evah~!!!

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Aww, what a cutie! I wouldn't be surprised if he was deaf and that was the reason he was thrown out like so much trash. Really, it is not enough to abandon him, they had to tape his mouth shut as well??? Humans...
    How old is the little dude?? He looks too tiny to be away from mom...

7. Rainbowaholic

Rainbowaholic Senior Member

He's about seven weeks old, he's had all his puppy teeth for about a week. He's small, but not a baby baby- he runs and plays enthusiastically.

When we test him for deafness, he responds slowly or not at all. I'm not sure if he's catching our movement out of the corner of his eye instead of hearing. He doesn't notice fireworks next door, but notices the vacuum. Although he could be feeling the vibrations through the floor, right?

ginster likes this.
  8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

When he's sound asleep, one of you go in the kitchen and drop a pan lid. If he doesn't wake up, he's deaf. I don't think he is. He doesn't look totally white and that doesn't necessarily follow with dogs. Does with cats, though.

Rainbowaholic likes this.
  9. CJ

CJ Senior Member

:loveflag: Oh he is A-dor-able! NIce Save!
    People are sick; how could someone abandon him, and tape him shut so hes totally helpless?? (n)
    There is a book by the founder of 3 Dog Bakery called "Amazing Gracie" about getting, raising and dealing with their primarily white Dane puppy, who was profoundly deaf (a white Dane gene flaw/ trait.) It might give you some reallife hints & heads up. Hand signals and attention-getting vibrations come into play dealing with a deaf dog, apparently, successfully.
    Hes too sweet, best wishes with him.

10. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Congratulations, and good on you for opening your hearts and home to him!

Rainbowaholic likes this.