Mass shooting in Las Vegas.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dona Worry, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Anyone following this?
    Last night at a crowded concert, lone gunman opened fire. 50 confirmed dead, that number will rise. 400+ injured. Shooter dead.

2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I saw it on the news this AM. Very sad ordeal.

Get ready for all the anti-gun ppl to come out.

I wish I knew what made these ppl do these kinds of terrible things.

arabbarrelracer and OldGreyMare like this.
  3. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

This is what scares me the most. While you can certainly say that anyone who did something like this has something deeply wrong with them, and while some people who have committed these acts have tons of lead-ups and warning signs, others seem to be relatively normal people until the time they perpetrate these horrors.

It seems like there are more and more people who suddenly reach a breaking point and act out in these ways - people who were plain, "normal" men and women up until that point.

4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Being a gun owner myself, I just can't imagine what would cause a person to go on a random shooting rampage.

5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I don't even know where I stand on gun control anymore. But as mass shootings get more frequent and more deadly. . . SOMETHING needs to happen.

DunsNPallys, happygolucky and Varisha like this.
  6. .Delete.

.Delete. Senior Member

I watched a video from it and this kid stood up with his arms out daring the shooter to hit him. It made me sick, there were so many people laying on the ground around him that he put at risk. I can't believe some people.

7. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

It seems like people are just more quick to default to an act of extreme violence lately. While not nearly on the scale of what's happening in Las Vegas, I'm thinking of the case a few years ago when a man killed one and injured another because he thought they were playing music too loudly in their car. What's happened to just asking someone to turn down the volume, or even shouting at them or flipping them off? Why would this man (and again, this wasn't someone with big "warning signs," IIRC) figure the best option was to open fire?

Same with the woman in Houston (or Dallas? Some major Texas city...) who killed her two daughters to get back at her husband for problems in their marriage. Why are people deciding this is an acceptable/the best course of action?

8. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Laws are only for people that follow them. I think its weird that reports said some woman pushed her way to the front of the crowd 45 minutes before the shooting happened and said "everyone is going to die tonight" and security ejected her. It's just very sad that people are so crazy.

9. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member

Did that really happen? There was a lot of bogus information dished out on the Internet last night that was completely debunked later.

Circle C likes this.
  10. Arem

Arem Senior Member

It’s like each one tries to top the last. :(