Marvel's Foaling Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by greenpaintpony, Mar 11, 2017.

1. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

I did not research much into how likely that possibility is but that would be my dream baby out of that pair. Basically a clone of that stud would tickle me pink.

greenpaintpony likes this.
  2. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

I'd be over the moon to get that! Still mainly just praying for a healthy mare and baby (and not having to wait too much longer!), but that would be pretty perfect.

Agreed! Yours was the baby that really surprised me! With all mom's chrome and dad having plenty of white himself, I did expect more than the tall stocking and blaze Mia has (but she's still precious and perfect).

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we really know how liver chestnut is inherited. WLS was pretty sooty and passed that on to a lot of his kids, and that's been hypothesized as a reason for liver, right? From the five or so of this stud's get I've seen, none have been liver (but I also haven't seen any older than two, and the two year old is grey). Marvel's pretty sooty herself, so maybe? He does seem to pass on a decent bit of white.

I do think the stud is just lovely, and would bad happy to get something that looked like him (or my mare, or some combo of the two...:rofl:)

Update from last night is that there really isn't an update. pH is not dropping, bag was a bit smaller, and mare is big as a house!

IMG_4098.JPG

Varisha, froglander, Sam C. and 5 others like this.
  3. PamelaTX

PamelaTX Senior Member

I just know it'll be red, shade really can't be predicted.
    It ought to be flashy too, but ya never know.
    Do you know if the stud has sired more colts or fillies?

greenpaintpony likes this.
  4. BipolarHonor

BipolarHonor Senior Member

I stole everyone's chrome this year ;):rofl:

5. greenpaintpony

Yes you did!! And Silas wears it well!!

@PamelaTX I don't know sex ratios of this stud off the top of my head. If my mare keeps holding out on me, I might go through and calculate it to pass the time!

Also, update for tonight is that her bag is back to being quite full, but no change in pH. Marvel is happily hoovering up all the straw we've put down, and thinks it's a tasty treat on top of all the hay and feed and grass she's also getting. :rolleyez:

I'm on foal watch this weekend, which will be fun! I don't think she's imminent, but I miss doing foal watch, and it's a lot easier to spend the night out at the barn in weekends, when I don't have to battle nearly 2 hours of traffic to make it into work the next morning.

Photo from tonight (cannot believe how big she's getting!!):
    IMG_4105.JPG

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Varisha, frisco17, froglander and 3 others like this.
  6. greenpaintpony

This morning, bag was fuller and pH is back to 7.8. Still looking quite wide and like she has a couple of days to go, but maybe she'll surprise us! Her attitude is good. She's holding her tail up and out from her body a lot more than usual, and was a little bit spunky today (after days of pretty much choosing not to move unless it's necessary). Open to any and all opinions on how close she's looking :)

Bag:
    unnamed.jpg

Horse:
    _DSC0225.jpg _DSC0281.jpg

7. Triple E

Triple E Full Member

She's looking good! im going to say you will have a baby in 10 days so May 2nd

8. greenpaintpony

Ugh please no!! I don't think I could be that patient!! :willynilly: :rofl:

9. PamelaTX

PamelaTX Senior Member

Still lookin a ways out based on her udder. Once the teats start to fill out you'll be a lot closer.
    Maybe a week or so.
    How many days is she?

10. frisco17

frisco17 Senior Member

:charge::mad::poop: Then I'm coming for your head! How dare you steal my chrome:charge: